seven.

"you know what i hate?"

"what?"

"guys."

"but you're a guy?"

"wish i wasn't."

"no you don't, shut up."

"why don't i?"

"uh, girls get periods."

"they can't be that bad."

"i mean, my sister cries over cramps. so."

"but girls get multiple orgasms, they're winning here. and they have boobs. what if i want boobs?"

"you're weird, why am i talking to you?" i smile.

"because you still love me." he smiles but it fades and he lifts up his chin and his eyes squint and his mouth opens, for a minute it looks like he's having an orgasm but then;

"achoo!"

THAT WAS THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE OH MY GO-

"bless me." he says, smiling like he's just accomplished something amazing.

HE JUST BLESSED HIMSELF.

HE IS ALREADY BLESSED WITH HIS LOOKS.

WHY AM I SCREAMING IN MY HEAD?

"bless you, michael." i say, chuckling a bit.

"thanks." he says, sniffling.

it's quiet for a long time, but then he speaks.

"why'd you do it?" he asks, playing with his hands as he sits on my bed. i sigh, not wanting to look him in the eyes and feel the guilt ive felt for months, worsen.

"mikey-"

"it's michael." he snaps, "only my friends can call me mikey." he looks at me with such a serious look, one i've never seen before in him. he looks hurt, almost angry.

"okay," i say, letting out a breath, "michael, i just- i was in a rough space. things in my head weren't right." i tell him, sincerity in my voice.
lies, lies, lies.

"were you depressed?"

no. i knew exactly what i was doing.

"yes. i didn't know what i was doing. i was just doing what- what luke wanted." i sigh, and don't understand why i'm lying when he's giving me this chance to tell the truth.

"what luke wanted? he wanted it?"

no, i drugged him up with alcohol. lots of it. he was out of it.

"yes. he started it all, michael." i tell him.

michael's fists clench, "are you fucking kidding me?!" he shouts, starting to pace around my room, then he stops and looks at me, "he forced you to do that?"

i nod, not looking at him and playing with my hands. but luke didn't. he was so out of it, and i am pretty sure he was convinced i was ashton.

"calum, that's rape. luke fucking raped you." michael says, sitting next to me and talking to me calmly, but the anger is clear in his voice.

"no, michael"

"hold on."michael says, pulling out his phone, and beginning to search for a contact. someone i haven't spoken to in a while. he puts the phone up to his ear and i hear it ring, then he picks up.

"ashton? we have to talk." michael looks at me and sighs, "now."

-

a/n: hi, #lovewins

- haley