11.

Chapter 11

Abigail woke up the next morning thinking about all that has unfolded within the past few weeks. After she got the phone call from Adam, the woman called her father later that day.

"Dad you can't just go around forcing promotions and making empty promises to people that you cannot keep nor fulfill."

"Abby... it was all in good faith."

"Good faith?! Dad, you told Adm. Watkins that I was willing to come back if I got a promotion... That is one a lie and two an empty promise that you can't keep."

"I was just trying to do the best for my daughter. Is that so wrong?"

"It is when the best only benefits the other party."

"How would this benefit me?"

"One word. Mom."

Abigail knew that her mother was a sore subject for their family, but when it's the only thing that keeps her father under bay then she is more than willing to do it.

"Why are you bringing your mother into this?"

"Because I know she spoke with you. She is the only person that is 100% against me being far away from her and her freaking claws."

Abigail gestures to herself a claw hand. Her father on the knew she was right. He had talked to her a few weeks before speaking with Adam, and the woman made the same promise, the family will be back together again as long as she can continue to control their daughter. Abigail was not having it anymore.

"Listen, dad, I will make my own decisions like I have been the past decade, so please do me a favor and stop."

Without waiting for an answer from her father she hung up the phone.

Abigail played the conversation over and over again in her head. There were some things she knew were wrong to say, but she was in the moment, and angry. Abigail said the first thing that came to her head.

*Knock knock*

Abigail looked toward her door and watched it open revealing Jada from the other side. Jada knew that Abigail was having a hard time, and she wanted to cheer her up. So she did just that.

Jada woke up early and made breakfast for Abigail. Half of it came from google the other half came from Jada making stuff up and hoping it would taste good. Walking into Abigail's room with the bed tray, Jada held a soft smile on her face knowing that this would help is a small way to cheer her up.

"Jada~ You didn't have to cook for me."

"Actually, I did because you were sad, and being sad is ghetto so food."

Jada made jazz hands around the food that she sat on Abigail's lap. The girls shared a small laugh with one another before Abigail started to eat her food.

"So, talk. What's been going on?"

Jada moved to the other side of the bed and made herself comfortable under the covers beside her friend.

"Other than my dad trying to get me to leave 5-0. I haven't talked to Steve in days."

"Oh, no trouble in paradise?"

Abigail shrugged her shoulders. Steve has been pretty distant with her lately and she doesn't know why. Jada could see the stress on Abigail's face as she started to think about Steve. So, Jada said the first thing that came out of her mouth.

"Host a pool party."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Pool... Party."