5.

Chapter 5

"Five-O!"

"Now, why would you yell that knowing that they always run."

Abigail rolled her eyes at the man running in front of her, while Danny followed behind her.

Abigail and Danny were working a case when they finally got a hit on a lead that was found by forensics. Danny finally felt free when he was able to drive his own car again, and Abigail could see that she was starting to grow on the dude.

The two actually had a lot in common when they aren't arguing about football. Which led them to being partners today. It was going pretty well until Danny decided to yell causing the suspect to break into a run through the neighborhood.

Abigail was gaining on the guy and she was close, that was until a car came out of nowhere knocking the well-built man on his ass.

"Well, that went better than I thought."

Danny appeared right beside her a little out of breath.

"Since this was your fault. Book em' Danno"

"No, not you too."

Abigail had chuckled knowing that he hated when Steve called him that. The ride back was a quick one, since they had to hurry and meet the suspect for interrogation. Abigial and Danny walked through the doors of the office about to let Steve know that they caught the guy they were looking for, but it all came to a halt when they saw Steve and an older male talking in the middle of the office.

"Steve, we got the suspect- who are you?"

Danny was the first to talk to the two men causing for the older male to turn around.

"Daddy?"

Abigail gave her father a look. He wasn't meant to know that she was in Hawaii since he was one of the main reasons that she left. Abigail walked up to her father who had his arms open for a hug, but she put his arms down.

"What are you doing here?"

The young girl questioned her father while his arm rested over his daughter shoulders.

"Well, I was in town to meet your uncle and he told me something shocking."

"Daddy, how did you know I was here?"

"Your mother."

He said nonchalantly. Abigail has always disliked her mother, but the older woman knew how much it meant to her to be her own person so why would she tell her father that Abigail was in Hawaii.

Ricardo turned and looked towards Steve and placed his other hand on his shoulder.

"A young sailor shot the apple of my eye."

Abigail saw as her father tightened his grip around Steve. She rushed over to the man in destress and loosened up the grip her father was getting around his neck.

"Daddy, let him go. It was just a misunderstanding."

"So, what I miss understood was that this man shot my baby girl."

Abigail heard a poor excuse of a cover up chuckle happen behind her. She looked over her shoulder and saw Danny walking to the other side of the office.

"Listen-"

Abigail's father loosened his grip from Steve.

"I didn't hurt you today because I remember when you were just a little sailor trying to make it in the world."