9.

Third Person POV

Abigail was sitting in the chair that was in front of her vanity while Jada put makeup on her face and Kono was looking through her closet for something cute enough.

"Okay, let's face it, you need to go shopping girl."

Kono turned around holding up more dark clothing and tossing it out of her way. Abigail knew that it would have been like looking for a needle in a haystack the way Kono was looking for an outfit for her.

"I'm sorry, I don't do girly."

"She not lying Kono, I was surprised to see the girl in leggings the other day."

Jada was applying some finishing touches to the look she was putting on Abigail's face. Stepping back, with a smile of approval, Jada nodded before disappearing out of the room.

"I knew this would happen, so here are some of my clothes!"

The girl yelled down the hallway before coming back into the room with dresses and different outfits in her hands. Kono had the look of relief when Jada walked in with some options that she could go through.

"Thank you! Okay, Abigail. What look where we going for?"

Kono turned to look at the woman whose face was just confused. Abigail wasn't used to dressing up, nor being asked on a date, so this was all new to her.

"I don't know... something comfortable?"

Jada let out a soft sigh as she pulled a pair of shorts from her clothes-filled arm, along with a cute light blouse that wouldn't wash Abigail out.

"I may have been across seas for four years, but your girl still knows how to dress."

Jada took Abigail by her shoulders and guided her to the bathroom so she could get ready in peace.

While Abigail was trying to put the two pieces together. Jada and Kono sat on the bed making small talk about how they think the night would go between the two.

"Steve will definitely try to kiss her, and if he doesn't, she'll lead."

Kono gave Jada a nod in agreement.

"Steve... I saw how he was with Catherine, so I don-"

"Wait, who's Catherine?"

Kono thought the woman would have known who she was, or at least thought Abigail would have mentioned her.

"She is a friend of Steve's... more like a friend with benefits since I have never seen her around other than to help us with cases. Abigail met her once, she told me that Cath tried to size her up."

Jada gave Kono a look of confusion. Steve was pursuing her best friend but still had an entanglement on the side. Nothing was making sense to her.

Abigail came out of the bathroom with the outfit Jada handed her, and the girl was feeling confident. Abigail thought the way the shorts fit her was a bit tight but looking at how baggy the shirt was, made her look more feminine than normal.

"Damn, Abby, girl I haven't seen that ass in years."

The girls shared a laugh while Abigial played around doing a few model poses before sitting back down so Jada could finish her hair and make-up.

"So Abigail, are you nervous?"

Abigail shrugged her shoulders, as she played with a loose piece of her hair. The girl didn't know what to think. This was her first date since she dropped off the face of the world.