...

Falco still hadn't woken up, so there was not much else to check up on there. Levi fell back asleep after you helped him get comfortable and gave him a cup of water. It was still hard seeing him so helpless, your mind often replacing the broken image with one of him the way he was before the explosion. You're sure it's going to take a lot getting used to for him, but you were most certainly going to be right there to help him every step of the way.

You still had that sinking, tight feeling in your chest, almost feeling claustrophobic in your own body, as you made your way to the outside deck for some fresh air. You spotted Armin and Annie talking a distance away from you as you stepped outside, quickly making your way to the back of the ship to give them some space. You took deep breaths as you sat down by the railing, looking down at the glimmering sea-blue ocean flowing past as the ship ploughed its way through it.

You stared at it for a while, watching the slight waves formed as a result of the ship and the propellers, crash into the flying boat attached to the back of the boat with audible splashes.

Captivated by the blue, you jumped slightly as you could swear you saw a black figure in the water, red substance seeping out from it. You immediately blinked, even rubbing your eyes slightly, before looking back down. Nothing... It took a while before your connected the dots, immediately starting to sniffle as you finally recognized your suppressed emotions regarding the friends you killed back at the harbour. You hadn't even taken the time to mourn and let yourself feel the sadness in your heart properly, and now your subconsciousness had resorted to start seeing things that wasn't really there as a result of it.

You brought your knees closer to your chest, wrapping your arms around them.

How do you even move on from that? They've trusted you with their lives, today just as much as ever, but you ended them; silenced their voices and stole their lives. You also struggled to grasp and believe the fact that Floch was really dead. It honestly felt too surreal to be true.

"Hey"

You slightly jumped in your seat again as Marco made his presence known. You sniffled, trying to wipe away the few tears that had trickled down your skin before you turned to face him. His face was gentle as he angled his head slightly to the side upon seeing your puffy eyes.

"Talk to me", he said softly, sitting down beside you, wrapping his arms around his knees the same way you do, only difference being that he wasn't clinging onto his legs and pressing them against his chest for dear life as you were. His posture was relaxed, though his gaze was alert as he tried to meet yours.

"Daz and Samuel... We.. We had to—", you couldn't say it, and it irked you beyond belief that you couldn't even own up to it and say it out loud. You killed them. Killed them for caring more about the safety of your island rather than the safety of the people who's been trying to ruin it for 100 years...

Marco's gentle expression sunk as he processed your words. Death and learning about people who've passed on is always sad, but these kinds of news always hurts more if it's someone you know well, that's the sad reality of it.

"Oh", he sniffled, his eyes becoming glossy. You shied away from his gaze, feeling terrible for partially being the reason he felt sad. But he was equally as sad that you and the others were forced to go through with such a thing as he was sad his earliest friends were dead. The tears continued to trickle down his face as he moved closer to you, and you almost winced, startled as you felt his arms snake around your waist, pulling you in closer. "I'm sorry Y/N".

It was such simple words, but it was enough for you to fall into his embrace fully, letting yourself go while soaking his shirt with salty tears. You could feel him shake, the warmth of his tears soaking through the material on your shoulder.