Welcome Notes and Disclaimers

Notice! This, (and one more at the very end of the book) will be the ONLY author's notes that take up their own chapters. The author's notes provide inaccurate displays of book-length and as such and will be limited because of such. After reading this, there will be at least one chapter ready for your viewing pleasure.

Hello! I'm Fear Itself, author of the Volatile Times series, and welcome to book 1! The original Breaking the Beast began as a passion project of a 13-year-old that wrote it in a very different era of MrBeast. The MrBeast brand then was a shell of what it'd become in 2022, and so were my own writing skills and abilities. So after years of plot changes and two complete books, I've decided to go back and rewrite it all. (Well at least book 1) As of now, this is my final attempt at creating the world's first non-romantic MrBeast centric fanfic, and potentially my final contribution to the YouTuber fanfic space. I want to spend my college years writing pieces I can actually publish, not silly fanfics about how MrBeast got involved with the Indian mob. But for whatever reason, I always want to go back to this concept, MrBeast is my constant. The Jimmy Donaldson I built in my fics is the perfect creative muse for me.

Since Wattpad has a really shitty tagging system unlike Ao3, I'll just put all of the trigger warnings here and if you don't want to read it, then uh leave now I guess. TW for... Graphic violence and character death (mostly related to gangs/the mob, guns, and knives), waterboarding, and other minor depictions of torture, kidnapping, bombings, homophobia, death threats, minor references to suicide, and centric themes of religious discrimination, terrorism, and heavy emotional turmoil.

Other than that, just gonna promote @/volatiletimes_ (no slash obviously) on Instagram which is where you can see sneak peeks of new chapters, official artwork, wallpapers, and other updates related to the series :)

This fic has become more than just a story but a project with people helping me get parts of this machine moving and even though this MrBeast fandom is small, I'm eternally grateful to those who have supported me. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy Breaking the Beast! This fanfic will update weekly (on Fridays) unless stated otherwise. 

Volatile Times is NOT affiliated with the MrBeast LLC or any of its subsidiaries. This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events is entirely coincidental. All 'characters' are of my own interpretation.