Chapter 51

The ride back to temple was quiet for a while

As they sat on top of Appa everything felt peaceful

They all knew it wasn't true, the lingering feeling of responsibility ate at them

Aang thinks out loud

Aang:Dragons huh guys?

Zuko laughs a bit

Zuko:Yea, it's incredible...

Y/n:Everyone has an inner flame,even animals, those dragons...I'm surprised we killed any of them...

Aang:Come on y/n! We all just gained knowledge and power, is that what you want to talk about...

Y/n:Just thought I should address it is all...

Zuko:Well I feel stronger than I did before, I wish iroh could see me now...

Y/n:He will...

Zuko:I bet Azula would be happy to see you...

Y/n:Azula's orders were to aid the Avatar and stop the firelord...I will see that through...

Zuko:So you don't want to see her?

Y/n:Do not misinterpret my words for lack of worry or eagerness to see her again...

Aang:Don't take this the wrong way y/n but...why do you seem to follow everything Azula says without question? I mean she ordered you to leave us and you did it without a second thought...

Y/n:Everyone has ideals and values they live by...people they dedicate their lives to...even the notion of not having ideals and values is an ideal and value in itself...mine revolve around Azula, it's been decided since I met her...

Aang:The entire time? And how long do you think you'll follow through with this?

Y/n:The majority of Azula's life will be such a minimal part of mine it isn't even comparable...am I too attached? Perhaps but I'd rather someone be too attached then not care and all and question if they care...have I relied much of my happiness on her? Yes...that's why it hurt so much when I left...

He stands up

Y/n:I can tell you this much, I have my goals and no one will stop me from reaching them even if it is you Aang...

Aang:Why me?

Y/n:I presume you are going to spare Ozai...I want him dead, executed...by me preferably but in the end I want him gone...

Aang:Woah y/n, take it easy! We don't need to kill him...

Wan:Y/n remember what I said about interfering with Avatar business...

Y/n:I've heard good people die because of him, a pointless death thinking it was for the nation, just for it to be a suicide attack ordered by Ozai...our nation is hated...our people, shunned...because of him and his orders...he had the power to stop it all when he became firelord...

Aang:Ozai isn't responsible for all of that! You are not here to judge him! That is the spirit's job not ours!

Y/n laughs a bit

Y/n:Of course Aang...

He lights a fire in his hand

Y/n:I'm just here to arrange the meeting...

Y/n sits back down

Y/n:This will come back up...keep that in mind...

Aang:Zuko this is your father he is talking about! Surely you have something to say!