"Dahlia!" Jake yells. He's the youngest, but very energetic for a 10 year old. I love him though, he definitely resembles me in my love for academics.

"Dude be quiet I'm eating." Emerson glares at Jake. Now Emerson is the middle child. He loves sports a whole lot, and that meant watching various videos to train himself. No we didn't have access to actual team sports, but that didn't stop him. Jake rolled his eyes at Emerson's comment. "You two need to stop arguing, it gives me a headache." I say putting my hand on my forehead.

"You're telling me. How I'm supposed to deal with them at 7 in the morning is beyond me." My mom adds. Andrea Martinez. The strongest woman I know who also happens to be my mother. Yes I do help her out a lot, but 3 kids alone? Hell I'd be crying a lot more than I do already.

"Good morning my lovely mother. Did you need help with anything?" I ask. "No sweetie I'm okay. The bus should be here at 7:30 to get the boys so I'm heading out to work." She places a small kiss on my cheek and pulls me into a hug. "You're gonna be alright. Don't stress too much Ms.Overthinker." She laughs.

I pull away and roll my eyes. "Nothing can stop me from worrying, it's habit. But thank you very much. Good luck at work!" With that, my mom waves goodbye to the boys and leaves.

"Alright boys, the bus will be here in 7 minutes. Make sure you brush your teeth and get your bags. I wish you much luck." I winked. "Yeah okay mom." Emerson snarked. The elementary and middle school were right next to each other, so Jake and Emerson would be riding together.

This took off a lot of pressure. After a couple minutes the bus arrived, and that left me alone. I stared at the food my mom made before leaving. Was I hungry? Yes. Did I want to risk it? I wasn't sure. It was terrifying.

The way I felt so full of everything, yet empty at the same time. I had 10 minutes before my bus came. Hesitantly, I grabbed a small piece of bacon. Maybe this was enough.

I grabbed by backpack and sat down waiting. The last few minutes of silence before school. I grabbed my earbuds and put on the best artist to exist. Taylor Swift. Hopefully this would calm me down.

Not long after that, I heard the bus engine close by. Shit. I'm so scared words cannot describe it.

Too late now I guess.

Logan and I drive to school together

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Logan and I drive to school together. The bell rings at 8:30, so we usually start our drive at 8 to be there 20 minutes before class starts. Not to actually go to class, but to just catch up with everyone.

Logan has been my best friend since 6th grade. He's dating the very charming Aaliyah Campbell. She's smart just like Logan, and man were they in love.

"Aaliyah wants us to meet her in the union. Something about student council." he says. Ah yes, did I mention she was president of student council? That meant many talks about being a people person and other smart stuff I forget.