The leader of the Underworld and the star of Sector 1.

"This is–it's so–that's the best design–what material is this?" She finally demanded.

"Second millennia alloy that doesn't exist anymore." I noted casually, flicking a hand. "I'm sure the artefacts melted down for it weren't missed too much."

"You–what?" She whirled, taking her hand off it.

"Please..." I drawled dryly. "You didn't really think I would let some upper class nobody try and out dress Makayla Xavier's return to Sector 1. It's light too, don't worry I had adjustments made for style and comfort."

She was torn between wanting to scold me for it and running her eyes over the sheer beauty of it. It cast golden shards of light all around us in the small room already–in the tower and on her it would be simply breath taking. The front was low cut but not too much so. The shoulders ran across her upper arms and into a backless design that ended midway. The rest would hug her legs to the floor until it pooled like molten gold around her feet.

"I can't take my eyes off it." She mumbled in awe.

I snorted and tightened my arms.

"How do you think I'm going to feel for the entire night?"

She ignored my comment and whirled on me in what I thought would be reprimand but stopped my thoughts when she kissed me softly. I returned it and relaxed my stance. She drew back and pressed her lips to me again.

"I love that you dare to be this bold, Alex."

I grinned.

"I wouldn't be Scorpion if I wasn't."

"Perhaps that Empress will seek a different woman for her alliance." She winked.

"She wouldn't last long as a leader if she tried." I murmured low.

"On the contrary–" Makayla said with a sly look over me, "–there's nothing more tempting than a crime lord in a suit..."

I pushed her against the clothes stacked in the wall. Her breath became small and her eyes flickered between my own. "If I knew I would wear them more often." I spoke near her lips.

"You don't eat your favourite meal every day." She murmured back, not breaking my gaze. "–you save it for special occasions."

"I'm looking at mine. I don't think I want to save it for another day." I returned with a dark smile.

She swallowed but shook her head slowly.

"I need to get dressed." She reminded me. "And so do you."

I placed my hands on her hips and pushed the base of her top upwards. She gave me a comical glare. Which I ignored entirely and pulled the rest over her head. She stood before me unconcerned and I glanced at her bra.

"As fantastic as that is... You can't wear it with the dress unfortunately."

"I wonder who designed it like that." Makayla drawled sarcastically.

"Someone with good–"

She stopped my words when she pulled a dagger off my hip and cut her bra in half in front of me. My mouth dried up as her chest bared itself to me so very... "I suppose if I can't wear that–I can't wear these either." She slipped out of her combats and stood in very beautiful, black laced underwear. But this was Makayla. If I teased her she would take it to a whole new level.

"I mean you can..." I trailed off, lost as she stepped out of them and placed them in my hand. I watched her waltz naked up to the golden dress and stared at every golden shard that was painted on her skin as a result.