Flashback

* FLASHBACK *

        " Let me explain! " He shouted at me.

     " NO!" I screamed back as I walked faster through the raining park. It was really beautiful but on a stormy evening with your now ex-boyfriend following you, just makes seem like a nightmare.

" Please, Nikki let me explain," Bud cried out in the rain.

' Don't turn around' my mind screamed but I did anyways.

" WHAT?! Huh? Explain! "

" Look I'm sorry , I scre-"

" Your sorry?!" Sorry that you broke my heart?! Sorry that you decided to cheat on me with my best friend?! YOUR SORRY?!" I knew I shouldn't be screaming at him this much but it just all came out.

"NO! YES! I mean....look, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you but I  just couldn't leave Keri, okay? She needed me." I turned away with tears that were threating to pour out. It was silent for a few minutes while we just stood there in the grass that was forming a puddle and letting the rain make our light brown hair damp.

" Go," I whispered. He must of not heard me cause he was still standing there looking at me, " GO! "

" KiKi..."

" Don't call me that. EVER!"

" Alright. I guess I'll go. Just promise me that you won't get broken anytime soon. "

" I can't. Cause you just did." With that Bud walked away leaving me in the park, most likely getting a cold even though it is the middle of the summer , and our year and a half realtionship in the dust.

I walked home after standing in the rain letting the tears run never letting them stop a few minutes later.  Before I opened the front door, I promised to myself that I would never trust a guy ever again and push this horrible memory in the back of my head where it will never threaten me ever again.