"The issue is that we keep negotiating with Dream. We need to stop trying to please him, I'm in disagreement with everything we've done so far actually," I force away my disagreeing grumble. I knew that Quackity disagreed with what we'd done. 

After being pushed around by Schlatt for so long it made sense that he was sick of authority. I was starting to feel the same. Quackity and Fundy were very enthusiastic, it often meant I had to bend to what they liked. They always said I had the final word but I never felt like I had a choice. 

"At the end of the day, there is only one thing we need to have in our minds, the best decision for L'Manburg. Our citizens come first. I need you two to promise me that the decision we make will put the nation first," I put my hand out for both of them to shake. 

What scares me is the look they share before shaking my hand. 

"By the end of today, the walls will be gone," Quackity declared, we all nod in agreement. 

I look past the two of them and out the window that overlooks the nation's centre. Most of the citizens had decided to stay inside when usually the town square would be busy. The docks had been cut off so citizens who lived there would at least be free whilst everyone else was trapped behind the walls. The place looked desolate and lonely. 

"GUYS DID YOU HEAR THAT GEORGE WAS DETHRONED?!" I jump when Tommy bursts through the door without warning. I sigh and put a hand to my chest feeling my racing heart. Despite all this time, loud bangs still got the best of me. 

"Yes, Tommy we heard!" Big Q shouts and ushers him into the office with us. The room was starting to feel a lot smaller than usual.  

"Also Dream's going to be meeting us at the wall in about five minutes, that's what Jack said," Tommy notes as he enters the room and Big Q shuts the door. 

"Tubbo, you've literally got the power to stab me in the back or choose L'Manburg," Tommy says once the room is calm again from his entrance. 

"Tommy I really don't want to have to-"
"Then don't! You don't have to."

But what if I do?

"We cannot keep letting Dream pull the strings. It's not fair to anyone, and he's meant to be on our side on this," Quackity says. 

Dream is on our side, the others don't know that though. It's all a part of the plan, Dream's doing everything he can to get Y/N back and then we'll move on to destroying the Dark Army. I knew most of the plan, but right now Seth isn't letting Dream close enough for him to get any real information. 

I wanted to tell the others, the truth sat on the tip of my tongue, but Dream was so adamant that they stay in the dark. Dream is the most powerful person we know, he's ruled over an entire kingdom and it's one of the most prosperous there is to exist. I just need to keep it together a little bit longer. For Y/N's sake. 

"You're right Big Q, we can't let him stomp on us anymore!" Tommy urges. I force back my grumble. There he goes, taking them all away on their merry little bandwagon. He'll tell them what they want to hear without even knowing it and then I have no control. I crossed my arms and clenched the fabric of my suit tightly in my fists. 

"So we exile Tommy, then what? What does that make us?" Quackity rallies the others. 
"Fundy did you get any results from the townspeople?" I ask abruptly. Fundy cringes and looks at the floor. 

"Yeah, I did. They weren't very positive. From what I gather after talking to a lot of the town, they want Tommy gone," Fundy speaks carefully like he's walking on thin ice. I look over and see Tommy's face fall and I felt a sad pang hit me square in the chest.