Chapter 1: Moving, Mistakes, and More

Author's Note: Hello everyone! I just wanted to give a few details about this story before we really get started. Like the title suggests, this is a sequel to the romance/adventure movie About Time, one of my favorite movies of all time and currently only the 3rd movie to make me cry every time I watch it.

For those of you who haven't watched it, or haven't seen it in a while don't worry! This story is meant to be stand alone, simply taking some of the characters from the original movie and making a completely original story. But if you haven't watched it I highly recommend you do before reading my story.

For those of you who don't want to watch it, I can give a brief summary below.

***SPOILER ALERT***

About Time follows a young man named Tim Lake. He's just turned 21, and is living a peaceful life at his family's house near the beach. One day his father tells him the family secret. Tim, like all the men in his family before him, can go back to any part of his life by simply going into a dark area and squeezing his fists. Although initially skeptical, Tim is astounded when he realizes that it actually works. The story then follows Tim as he uses his power to redo some mistakes that he makes throughout the next few months, as well as improve the quality of life of some of the people around him. Eventually he meets a girl named Mary and falls in love. Throughout the next few years he uses his power occasionally to stop any embarrassing situations. But as he gets older and Mary and him decide to have their first child, he realizes that he can't go back in time before the kid being born, or risk his child being different when he comes back. So it sets a limit to his powers, something that he learns even more when his dad gets sick. At this point Tim has two kids, and he is so happy. He spends more time with his father before he finally passes. While the rest of his family mourns, Tim knows that he can always go back in time and speak to his dad whenever he wants. But that changes when Mary tells Tim she wants one more child. Tim is at a loss for what to do. Having a third child would mean that he loses his father forever. So he decided to go back in time one last time, and spend an amazing day with his father. They slightly break their own rules, and go back in time to when Tim was a little boy and play on the beach one last time. His father tells him to live his life differently from now on. Go throughout the day, dealing with all of the usual stresses. But at the end of the day, go back in time and relive it all, this time being more appreciative of the smaller things since you know what's going to happen. Tim spends a few more years following life in that way before he decides to do things differently. He's stopped using his powers. Rather than redoing things, he approaches each day as if he's gonna back in time to relive if one more time. He decides to enjoy each day as it comes, and lives the rest of his life at peace.

***END OF SUMMARY***

I felt like there was so much to the world of About Time and so much material to do another story. This sequel will tell the story of Will Lake, son of Tim Lake. He was the second child introduced in the movie, younger brother to Posy, and older brother to Holly. Although only Posy was actually named in the movie, I've decided to name the other two kids Will and Holly. I want to run through some concepts with this power that I feel like was missed in the movie.

So anyways, here we go. As a general statement for the whole story, I don't own any of the characters that might appear from the movie About Time. I am simply using them and adapting them into a new story. I hope everyone enjoys it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dad always told me that our family was special. I used to always think it was just one of those things that all parents say to make their kids feel better.