CHAPTER 11

Winter's POV

Me, Sabrina, and Kreek sprinted down the stairs, mallets and axe in hands. I stood back as we got to the main door. "You two go ahead, I need to do something." I had a plan, so I watched Sabrina and Kreek run out of the building towards Russo.

Russo had Dj caught with a knife up to his throat. "Aw, I knew I would find you two again! Kreek, how pleasant of you to join us this lovely evening." Sabrina took a step closer, her hands gripping tightly on her mallet. "Russo, put the knife down."

"What's that? I'm not holding the knife close enough to him?" I could hear Dj squeak painfully as Russo shoved the knife further into DJ's skin. "He'll be gone before you know it. And if you plan on coming closer, then I'll happily kill him here and now!"

I snuck out of the building and stayed close to the wall. I had to quietly get behind Russo and get him away from DJ. I looked at the angle and position I would have to be in to act successfully.

Quiet as a mouse, I crept up to a certain spot in the road. I stared at the back of Russo's neck. I would have to knock him down with a hard enough swing, then pin him down. If I didnt do this perfectly, who knows what would happen.

Slowly, I walked up to Russo. DJ was quietly whimpering as the knife stabbed his throat. I lifted my mallet up high, then swung at Russo's waist. He staggered down onto the ground, dragging DJ with him.

Russo raised his arm to stab DJ, but as he went for the kill, I grasped his wrist, trying to get my fingers into his grasp to rip the knife out of his hand.

I didnt hit him hard enough, because he rolled over and knocked me down. I tried to stand up, but was grasped by the neck and thrown down. I felt Dj grab me up and pull me closer to him.

I wasnt going to try to fight him away from me, because we had something a lot bigger on our hands. "There you are, you little shit!" Russo growled. "I've been looking everywhere for you! Now that I've found you, I can easily kill you here and now!"

I felt DJ lean over into my ear. "Stay close to me, I'll get us out of this." I knew Sabrina and Kreek were behind us, trying to figure out what to do.

"I'm going to get straight to the point. You all can leave if I can have the girl. I can help you escape and get you to safety. Think of it, one teenager cant stop you from being free from this place."

I looked at DJ, who stared back at me with cold eyes. "No." I knew Russo was getting mad. "What do you mean no?" He looked back at Russo. "I said no. You cant have her if we dont know for sure you can help us escape from here."

I felt a small amount of blood splatter onto me. "You fool!" Russo growled as he cut DJ's cheek. "Youd rather protect a small child than go with your lifelong friend!? What a fake! I'm actually not surprised, because I'm strong while all of you are weak."

While Russo walked off, DJ sat me onto the ground and stood up. "Fight me then." Russo paused. "What?" Dj stared him down as he reached into his pocket for his knife. "If your truly stronger then you'll fight me!"

I looked at him. "Please dont do this. Your crazy." He looked back at me. "I might be crazy, but I'm going to get us out of here." He watched as Russo charged at him.

DJ caught him and stabbed him in the arm. Russo freed himself and flung DJ, who simply stood up and charged again. I couldn't see what else was going on, because I zoned out.

"Oh good lord, I cant watch." Sabrina said. I zoned back in after I heard a grunt. DJ was on the ground, covered in his own blood. Russo stood over him.

"That was one of the worst decisions you've ever made. Too bad it will be the last one." He held the knife up, ready to give one last blow.

My body left the ground and raced towards Russo. I jumped and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck from behind. "Get away from him!" I dug my nails into his chest and kicked him in the legs.

Kreek and Sabrina ran to help me by grabbing both of his arms to control him. I jumped off of him as he fell backwards. I stared at him, on the ground and out of breath.

"Leave, or we'll make it get bloodier." He shoved himself up and started to run, obviously wanting no more trouble. I looked back at DJ.

He was surrounded by a pool of blood, his breathing being shallow. I wiped some of the blood off of his face. His eyes slowly opened. "I-Is he gone?" He asked weakly. I nodded.

Me and the others helped him up from the ground and into the building. We slowly but surely made our way up to our apartment.

As we let him sit down, I took my coat off and wrapped it around his injured arm. "Do you guys hav-" Sabrina and Kreek were gone.

I looked around before I heard talking coming from down the stairs. I walked over and eavesdropped on the conversation.

"Theres no bandages anywhere. I'm going to go crazy."
"Come on Sabrina, he'll be fine until we find some."
"Russo said he would slowly bleed out when he had the knife to his neck. Now look at him. We don't have time!"

I walked back slowly. No bandages...? He couldnt die! I raced past and into one of the abandoned apartments. One by one, I searched each apartment. Nothing.

I looked at one final room at the end of the halls. It was probably useless, but there was no sense in not looking.

I ran into the apartment and looked around. There was a door that was creaked open unlike the other doors in the apartment. I took a deep breath and looked inside.

There was a medical kit by the bed. I ran over and looked inside. Plenty of bandages. I sighed in relief when I saw something on the desk. I looked over. A laptop? It looked like it was in fair conditions too.

I couldnt worry about that now. I raced out and back into the apartment building, where blood leaked from the chair. I raced over to DJ and started to carefully wrap him in bandages.

Sabrina and Kreek walked into the apartment. I heard them sigh in relief. "You found some... Thank you." They helped me wrap up DJ in bandages before going to sit down. Sabrina smiled.

"Your a gifted child, Winter. I'm glad you found those bandages in time." I wasnt proud of myself though, because there was something else in my mind.

"Hey, I think I found something in the room these bandages were in."