CHAPTER 6

Winter's POV

I followed the strange guy down the unsettling roads. His hair looked like a carrot, but I wasnt going to be rude about it. He opened the door to an apartment... a hotel? I couldnt tell at this point.

He led me up a few flight of stairs, which I ran up with ease. Kreek opened the door of the room which he stayed at, which was nice.

It seemed like an apartment. I walked into one of the rooms, which was completely empty. Setting my mallet down. I looked at him. "Its an okay place to stay... I guess."

I took my hat off and ran my hands through my ginger hair, getting a few tangles out of it... only a few of them though. "I'll take this room."

He walked out and I took my shoes off, sitting in the middle of the room. All of this is happening so quickly. Was I going to get killed here?

I heard a knocking from inside the wall, clearly someone knocking at the apartment beside this one. "Kreek...? I think theres someone here.." He walked out of apartment, investigating.

I closed my eyes, hoping it wasnt someone trying to kill me. Then I heard.... talking.

"Is she here?"
"Yes. Shes here."
"Good. Is it okay if I see her?"

What the hell? Was Kreek plotting against me, and had someone come to the apartment and wait until we got back so they could kill me?

I heard footsteps. Oh god.

Russo's POV

I rummaged through a bag full of old cans. Nothing good. I threw it down and looked around. There was an alleyway, two dumpsters were there. There may be something in the alley. I ran inside.

It was dark. Old flyers and cans lay scattered around. I picked up a few pieces of paper which seemed to go together. When I put them together, it showed a dumb news article.

I threw the papers down and kept looking. There was one singular can of beans, which seemed unharmed. I picked it up and examined it, seeing a hole with a dead rat covered in beans peaking out.

I threw it down in both disgust and anger. "Theres actually nothing around here!" I spat. I stomped out of the alleyway. "Hey. If you looked inside the dumpster, you might find something actually useful." A voice rang behind me.

I turned and looked. "Who's there!?" A figure stood behind the dumpster. "Who I am is not important. What's important is that you look in the dumpster." The voice sounded strangely familiar, but it's been so long that I cant put a finger on it.

I slowly headed back for the dumpster. Placing my hand on it, I hesitated. "What are you waiting for?" The voice rang. I took a deep breath and swung it open.

Inside laid water and food, untouched. "Wha!?" Was this set by someone? There wouldn't be untouched stuff in a dumpster. "Well? Are you going to take it?"

I quickly grabbed some of the supplies and looked around. There was a plastic bag nearby, which has a couple of holes but not big enough to drop anything, where I stuffed the stuff in.

"Thanks a lot..... person." I closed the dumpster to see the person behind the dumpster now. Bright hazel eyes shown through a black cat mask. "Your welcome. I better get going now." I blinked, and the person was gone.

They seemed familiar.... probably my imagination. But they seemed like a real person. No... No they couldnt have been. I needed to go look for more stuff...

???'s POV

I walked through the sewers, rats scurrying everywhere. He should be here anytime soon....

I heard quickly paced footsteps. Turning my head, I saw him.

"Hey! I'm here!" He gasped for breath.

"Your late." I stated. He nodded. "Yes but.. I was helping someone..."

Hold up... what? Helping someone? Me, him, and the others weren't the only ones?

"What do you mean 'helping someone?'"

"He was looking for supplies, so I told him to look in the dumpster, and he got the supplies and left. And no, it was not my imagination." I can't believe it.

"We have to tell the others."