CHAPTER 7

Sabrina's POV

I walked into the room, following him. Hopefully the others didnt know I was gone. DJ was asleep when I left.

The girl sat in the middle of the room, looking at Kreek, then me. "Oh, its you." She said in a relieved voice. "Hows your ankle doing?" I asked. She nodded. "Its doing okay for the most part."

Kreek turned to me. "You can stay with us if youd like. I know the others can be.... how do i put it." I chuckled. "Yea, theyre a little harsh, but I'm not really sure."

"Do the others know your gone?" Winter asked. "N-No. Hopefully I can get back before Russo does, because who knows what will happen if he found out I was gone."

Speaking of Russo, where was he? He had been gone for a few hours. He didnt get back while I was gone, did he? No.. I'm just overthinking it.

"What are you doing here anyways? Did you know I was here?" I nodded. "I told him to find you and help you, so...." I looked at Kreek, who turned and walked past me. I looked at Winter, who shrugged.

We followed him and watched as he looked out the window. He stood there, just watching, before his eyes got wide. "Hey Sabrina...?" I looked out the window to see Russo walking down the street, a bag thrown over his shoulder.

He was heading back for the base. "Oh no no no no no...." I whispered. "I have to go!" I turned and quickly walked away, stopping at the door.

Winter came up to me. "You'll come back and visit, wont you?" I nodded, and watched her smile. She hugged me, her arms around my side and her head in my neck. (Winter your 15 stop being a baby 😻)

When she released me, I quickly ran out and down the stairs. Once I was out of the building, my feet carried me as fast as I could go.

When I neared the base, I stopped to gasp for breath. I walked to the door, and grabbed the handle.

I opened it slowly and walked inside, closing the door behind me. When I turned around, I heard a loud, angry voice. "Mind explaining where you've been Sabrina?"

Oh no.

DJs POV

I stood beside Russo, staring at Sabrina. When had she left? She clearly wasnt looking for supplies. "I-I can explain." She said.

"Well then, I'm waiting." Russo said beside me. Sabrina shook before sighing. "I-I went out to..." She stopped mid sentence. ".....went out to find some supplies, even though I couldnt find anything."

I knew that look. She was lying. "Sabrina. I can tell thats not true." Russo spat. "Where have you been?" She looked down on the ground.

"The girl that we kidnapped... I was the one that released her. I told Kreek to find her and help her. I went to visit them." What?

Russo stared angrily. "Sabrina. We were suppose to keep that girl to try to help us, not to release her to an old friend!" She took a deep breath.

"We weren't keeping her to help us. No, no we weren't. We were keeping her to kill her! I couldnt let you do that, so I released her and told Kreek to help her. If you weren't such a fool, you would know that we could have actually gotten her to help us and not think we were so cruel. And also not to mention-!"

The next think I heard was a pain filled squeak. Sabrina dropped on the floor, a large scar coming from her cheek to her nose. Blood trickled down her face. Before she could do anything else, Russo grasped her by the neck and pinned her to the air, her legs fighting to be released.

"Do not talk to me like that. You need to learn to keep your mouth shut, and not talk unless your asked. If I wanted to, I could easily cut you mouth off right now!" He growled angrily. I gasped. Russo was never like this.

"Russo stop! Dont you think your going too far!?" But he was actually trying to cut her mouth off. The knife met at the end of her mouth, sliding slowly across her lips. She was whimpering, tears falling down her face.

I had to stop this. I ran to grab my knife, and quickly stabbed his arm, causing him to drop his knife and release Sabrina. I ran to her and grasped her tightly. Russo turned to me, pure anger in his eyes.

"Aw, two lover birds. Always going to be there for one another!" He said sarcastically. "If you let me deal with her, you'll be fine. Dont, and you wont wanna see what happens next."

I stared at Russo, then at Sabrina, who's eyes were filled with pain. "DJ.... My body hurts too much..." She was clearly suffering. I couldnt bare to watch her, but it would hurt much more watching Russo take care of her himself.

I stood up, holding Sabrina tightly. "If you wanna deal with her, you'll have to deal with me first."