.17°

— ☄︎ —

    Hyunjin groaned.

Calling in sick and then saying that he would be able to go in the next day- while simultaneously being on call that same night -was quite possibly the least intelligent idea he had ever had in his entire life.

While he was climbing out of his bed just an hour or two after passing out with Felix's back against his, he had successfully managed to wake both Felix and Kkami up at the same time. He had twisted his leg in the comforter and the bed sheet. Which had, consequently, led to him falling straight onto the floor- taking the comforter with him.

Kkami just so happened to be at an incredibly inconvenient spot, and had nearly flown off the bed- and would have had it not been for the fact Felix had been there blocking him from doing so.

A handful of rapid-fire apologies and a whole tucking in session (and a forehead kiss) later, Hyunjin was throwing off his 'pajamas' and throwing on the first suit he had. It didn't even matter that Felix, in all of his confusion, was staring right at him as if fifty million things had just happened at the same time.

Why Momo decided to call him out of the dozens of agents that worked with him, was nothing he knew. Though, he did bring it upon himself in some sense.

Slamming the car door closed as he approached the house, he adjusted his wrinkled blazer over his shoulders. With as much grace as he could muster, he walked into the building, not even bothering to grab gloves (he had no intention on touching anything, to note) as he stepped where the other agents were gathered.

"I thought this was a murder-"

"Attempted murder." Seungmin spat from the ground, obviously angry by the lack of any of them doing anything. He was tying some form of makeshift tourniquet over his own thigh, his pant leg completely drenched in his own blood.

Hyunjin blinked, turning to look at Momo, and then Rivera before looking back at Seungmin.

"Where's Minho-"

"Fuck if I know!"

Each of them flinched back at the outburst, looking between each other as they recomposed themselves. Hyunjin told himself that it was just a normal reaction- that Seungmin had so much adrenaline going through him that being civil was the last thing he was thinking to do.

Eric stepped forward this time. "He was the one that called for us, though? He called Momo."

Seungmin's fists clenched at his sides, and he sucked in a deep breath. "You don't think I know that?" He said through gritted teeth, "can we get me to a hospital before you interrogate me? Fuck's sake, he didn't call you to sit there and stare at me like a dozen lost ducklings!"

With quick blinks of confusion, Hyunjin stepped forward just as Eric did and cringed as he grabbed Seungmin's arm and threw it over his shoulder. His nose wrinkled as Seungmin's blood coated hand touched his shoulder.

He certainly couldn't start looking worse than he already did.

He also didn't understand why they hadn't called the hospital for an ambulance. He would have assumed Momo would have done that.

Did Minho specify that Seungmin's life was in danger?

Hyunjin's brows furrowed as he hoisted Seungmin into the back seat of one of their cars. It made such little sense that no one called for any EMTs.

The trip to the hospital was short, but waiting for Seungmin to be completely stitched up and examined took quite a bit more time. Each of them, either tired or wide awake, stared between one another as they leaned against the walls of the waiting room.