.21°

i wrote this on my phone ignore all typos i dont proofread like ever

also, the style mightve changed compared to the other chapters. i wrote smth earlier today in a different style than usual and i was so comfortable in that style i mightve, biffed my usual style by accident. 😁👍

───

Hyunjin's blood pumped in his ears loudly. His chest hurt, weighed down so heavily by anxiety as he sped down the highway, down neighborhood roads, just so he could get to his house faster.

He didn't even care about his house. All he cared about was Felix.

Felix Felix Felix Felix. Certainly nothing had happened with Felix, right? He was okay- he had to be okay. Nothing could have happened to him.

He tried to call. There was no answer. The phone rang, and it rang, and it rang- but it always disconnected to the voicemail. The phone wasn't off- the phone was on and Hyunjin knew it was.

Why wasn't Felix answering? Why wasn't he picking up?

Pick up, pick up- "Pick up, dammit!" His phone flew from his hand. He didn't know where it went- it clattered some, dull thuds against things before it stopped. He could find it later.

Hyunjin swallowed down a sob. Felix had to be okay. He had to be okay. He wasn't allowed to be hurt.

The siren on his car became louder with every second, cars pulling off the side of the road as he flew past them. He wasn't even on the right route. He was barely sure of where he was.

As soon as his house was in view, Hyunjin let out a breath. It was anything but relieved. Cars surrounded it, barricading it and the yard from anything outside of it. Agents were standing behind their doors, and fear was the only thing Hyunjin could feel.

He wasted no time pressing the breaks on the car. It skidded, tires squealing loudly on the gravel before he threw it in park. He didn't care that it was still running, didn't care that he had accidentally bumped one of the city police car's bumper.

He didn't care. He couldn't see Felix.

"Hyunjin!"

The name wizzed past his ears, and he continued to surge forward into the backs of a couple of officers holding body shields. He wasn't strong enough to get himself through.

One of them held his bicep, so tightly he could feel the officers nails in his skin.

"Hyunjin! You can't go in there!" Momo.

Hyunjin jerked his arm back away from the officer. "That's my home! I'm allowed in there if I want to be. It's my home."

Momo's expression faltered. But he knew she wasn't going to budge. No one in, no one out. He had heard it already.

He spun around on his heels the second the grip on his arm loosened, shouldering against the center between the two body shields the officers were holding up. Their stances, though stiff, faltered as he tumbled through it, tripping over his feet as he swung his arms trying to maintain his balance.

"Samuel Hwang!"

"Just let him go."

He paused, swaying on his feet as he turned to see who spoke. He didn't know him- didn't recognize his voice, or his face. Hyunjin had never seen him around- but he had that same familiar FBI agent attire. His name tag read Kim Sunwoo. He had never heard of him.