Shopping Trip

I checked my phone one final time for messages and sighed. Saturday morning and I was once more at Touchwood Shopping Centre. The masquerade ball was in coming up on Friday and not one member of the Super Glitches was ready. We seriously needed to get some outfits and fast.

"Shaade, Loki," I said, "shoo."

"Why?" Loki asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Because we need to go and choose stuff and you need to go and choose stuff and we can't all choose stuff because that's too much choosing," Rebecca said in a rush. Loki blinked a few times in confusion before being dragged off by Shaade. Once they were gone I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Good, they've gone," I muttered. Then my face brightened and I smiled. "Now, whilst you lot all go trawling the shops for mega-expensive dresses I'm going to collect my outfit."

"You've already got it?" Sophie asked in surprise.

"You're never organised," Lotte added. I frowned slightly and folded my arms.

"I am occasionally," I said, offended. "Just not when it comes to important things like homework."

"I think we should all split up," Rebecca said when the laughter had finally died down. "That way, when everyone does have an outfit, it'll be a surprise to see what we all have."

"That's a good idea," Lotte said. "'Bye then." She waved and walked off. I headed in the direction of my outfit collection point and Sophie and Rebecca vanished into the crowd. 

*

A few hours later we all met up for lunch. Everyone had a large bag protecting their outfit from food and one another's eyes. Mine was hidden away in my dad's car; he'd been waiting for me around the front of the shopping centre. Rebecca folded hers into her rucksack just as the food arrived. 

"Food, glorius food," Shaade sang. 

"Since when have you watched Oliver?" Sophie laughed.

"I've been in Midgard longer than you think," Shaade replied with a wink. 

"Please," Loki said, shaking his head. "It's not as if everyone in Asgard has seen that old musical or anything."

"Thanks for ruining it!"

"Lies, Shaade, is my business."