Episode 24: Henry & the Bad Girl, Part 1

Start from the beginning

"It was thirty years ago. It was long before I was indestructible. Oh, that day." He whispered, tears collecting the corners of his eyes as he remembered that fateful day.

~Flashback~

"Yay. Yay. What a great day this is." A four-year-old Ray exclaimed as he ran around his yard with a hobby horse, a huge grin etched on his face. His shirt flapped behind him, the vibrant pattern of the same splendour of his shirts as an adult.

His fun was interrupted as a group of mean, older-looking kids kicked open the gate and waltzed up to him.

"Hey. What's up?" The ringleader said, his face twisted into a sneer as he looked at all of Ray's toys scattered across the grass.

"Oh, hi. My name's Ray. Do you guys wanna play?" The soon-to-be superhero smiled cutely, but his toothy grin made no difference to the gang's stern glares.

"We want to play." The leader hissed, as his friends snatched the hobby horse from Ray's little hands and threw it into the bushes. They restrained the poor kid, who cried out as they treated him so cruelly.

"Do his playhouse!" The meanest kid ordered his friends and they began to spray paint on his pride and joy. It was a gift from his father and it was her favourite thing to play in. Seeing it defaced and ruined broke his little heart.

"No! Not my playhouse! No! Don't! NO GRAFFITI!" He shouted at them, watching helplessly as they continued to paint crude symbols and words on the plastic.

"This is something I'll never forget!!!" He cried out and the destruction of his playhouse became a key point in his childhood, cementing his hatred of The Wall Dogs and their graffiti forever.

~End of flashback~

Ray finished his story, (y/n) hugging his back with her arms around his waist. The story always made her upset. She'd heard it a million times and he always worded it the same, which had gotten a little boring after seven years, but the emotion was still there. Hearing about little Ray's anguish made her heart break and she wished she had been born a few years earlier so she could have stopped it.

"I never forgot it." He said sadly, his hands stroking the arms that had encircled his waist. She was always there to comfort him as he was for her and it warmed his insides to know that she cared so much for him. If only he knew the extent her care for him went.

"Okay, well, don't worry, man. We'll find the Wall Dogs and we'll stop them." Henry reassured his boss as he took a seat on the little couch in the store. He pulled (y/n) onto his knee, craving the scent of her shampoo since it was like a safety blanket for him. It meant that she was close and he wasn't alone, so he relished its fruity fragrance.

"But they say there's a bunch of them. How are we gonna stop them all?" Charlotte quizzed, knowing that rounding up an entire posse of artistic criminals who all had each other's backs was going to be an enormous task.

"Easy. You wanna kill a snake, what do you do?" (y/n) looked at the kids, a devious plan forming in her head. She was trying to ignore the way Ray was nuzzling her hair since the smell of his cologne and hot breath on her ear was making her dizzy. His nose brushed the curve of her ear and her hair stood on end as she held in a delicate whimper.

'Children in the room, best friend behind you!' She blinked, her screaming mind being the complete opposite of her calm face.

"Get a shotgun." Charlotte nodded, thinking that if she came face to face with one of the slippery reptiles, she'd not take any chances.

"No, jeez." (y/n) frowned, standing up from Ray's lap and looking at the kids. The large man stayed behind her, choosing to wrap his arms around her tummy so she'd stay near him. He was feeling particularly clingy and he couldn't help but rest his chin on her head.