Original Edition: 56. The Birthday II

Börja om från början

Dani gives her an incredulous look.

"He is sixteen years old."

Yenny and Vanessa shrug their shoulders.

"So?"

Dani can't believe it.

"Don't you care what they will say about you?"

Vanessa shakes her head, smiling.

"You need a refresher, babe, or do you still believe in that macho bullshit that it's okay for men to date girls much younger than them, but it's wrong if we do it."

Yenny nods.

"Exactly, we are not talking about some pedo shit. He is a teenager aware of what he wants with the age of consent and all. If both parties like each other, what's the problem?"

Camila rolls her eyes.

"Both of you shut up, Apolo is mine."

Yenny shrugs.

"Whatever, I'm interested in the older one, that slight beard is so sexy."

Vanessa taps her shoulder playfully.

"You'll have to beat me because that's the one I like."

Cecilia speaks for the first time in a while.

"You talk like you have a chance with these guys, please wake up." Camila crosses her arms over her chest.

"If Raquel can do it, that there's nothing special about her, we can do it too."

"Hey!" I protest, pulling her hair. Camila lets go. "No offense."

My eyes meet Ares' ones, who has a red plastic cup in his hands and takes a drink. There is a mischievous smile dancing on his lips as he puts down the glass.

"I'll be right back," I tell them, approaching Ares.

I can't look away, I feel trapped by that blue of his eyes as always. Every step I take quickens my heart, I clench my hands at my sides and feel them slightly sweaty.

One by one, the people around me disappear, it's just me and him. The Greek god and the witch.

The unstable and the girl who watched him from her window.

I stop in front of him, grinning like an idiot.

"Ares."

He smiles back.

"Raquel."

"How did it feel to be mentally fucked by all my cousins?"

He takes her chin, as if thinking.

"I feel a little used."

I snort.

"Sure, like you're not used to getting those reactions."

Ares raises an eyebrow.

"Are you jealous?"

"Pffff, please."

Ares smiles broadly, running his thumb across my cheek.

"You look sexy when you're jealous."

"I am not jealous."

His thumb comes down and caresses the edge of my lips, I stop breathing.

"Seeing you in that dress is killing me."

I swallow hard.

"Why?"

He removes his hand from my face.

"You know why."

My aunt Carmen walks by.

"Raquel, your mother is calling you, she's in the kitchen."

And she goes on her way. Sigh.

"I must go help."

I turn around, but Ares grabs my arm and turns me towards him.

He gets close enough to me so I can smell his delicious cologne, and leans in to whisper in my ear.

"Your family sees you as such an innocent girl, if only they knew how you moan and beg me to give you more when I fuck you."

My eyes widen exaggeratedly.

"Ares!"

"Or how wet you get when I give you a simple kiss."

Holy Virgin of Abdominals, pray for us, amen.

Ares releases me and I put my hand on my chest, keeping my cool. I run away from there as fast as I can. Shit. How can he turn me on with just words? Ares definitely has a gift. Breathing out air into my hands, I walk into the house. Mom is waiting for me in the kitchen with some trays.

"I didn't mean to bother you tonight, but I just need help handing these out and I promise not to bother you again."

"Calm down, mom, I don't mind helping, they are my guests after all."

I grab the tray and am about to leave when Mom clears her throat.

"Daughter."

"Yes?"

"Although I still don't feel completely comfortable with that boy, what I've observed these past few months has helped me realize that he's not bad for you. So you don't have to make excuses to go out with him anymore."

"Oh, mom, I..."

She interrupts me.

"Go take the trays, they must be waiting."

I smile at her.

"Thank you."

I walk out with the tray and a big smile on my face, and meet Claudia at the entrance.

"Hey, you came."

She looks very pretty in a purple dress and her hair loose and shiny.

"That's right, happy birthday," she wants to give me the gift, but she sees that my hands are full.

"You can put it on that table over there, the boys are in the back."

She hesitates.

"All three?" I nod.

"Yeah, come on in, I'm going to hand this out and I'll meet you there, okay?"

I spread the sandwiches on the tray and am about to reach the group where Daniel, Apolo and Artemis are when Camilla intercepts me.

"I'll take these to them," she takes the tray from me and heads toward them, not even giving me time to process everything.

I watch her smile cheekily at Apolo after offering them the tray and she stands there talking to him. I must admit, she's brave.

"How dare she?"

Dani's voice makes me jump because I didn't notice her coming to my side, her expression is somber.

"I'm going to kill her."

"She's just talking to him, I don't think he likes her," I try to appease her insecurities. Yenny and Vanessa take advantage of Camila's boldness and join her, using her to subtly insert themselves into the conversation.

"Who are those people?" Claudia's voice shows up on my other side, making me jump slightly again. Why do people keep appearing next to me out of nowhere?

"They are my cousins," I explained, letting out a long sigh.

Claudia presses her lips.

"I need a drink."

Dani supports her.

"Me too, come on, I know where the vodka is."

"Hey, go and have fun," I give them the thumbs up, but they both grab me by each arm and drag me with them.

This is going to be fun.