Chapter 14 : Smoke

It looked like a bomb of red flares went off. Shinkiro used her quirk to cushion herself from the harsh impact of the sharp turn. The red smoke began to spread out fast and Linares took the opportunity of the haze blocking the enemies' sight. He was quick, her keen eyes shifted back and forth to a thinning slit and widening up but she never once caught a full glimpse of Linares. But he was there, his silent wings cutting through flesh like she did with her katanas. As she noticed the others had begun calling for help, she began to move.

She used her knives and assassinated everyone she sees holding a rifle.

On the other side, the soldiers' took notice of the red smoke billowing as the rapid crossfire lighted up the night. That was their signal.

"Lanceo's there! Move! Move! Get to their front lines and support!"

Shinkiro's adrenaline quickly elevated up. This was nothing compared to the villain fights, this was some other kind of thrill. A thrill for where she actually fears on losing her life and the lady found it nothing but addicting. One moment someone's shooting at point blank, and a second right after that, a mutation quirk comes rushing to crush her bones, flashes of emitter types also came by in the forms of electricity and fire. She was fighting the front lines with Linares, and inevitably was running out of knives and began to improvise with the guns from the dead bodies.

Elias was right to deploy Shinkiro here, Linares thought. He could see how she was capable of fighting crowds and lessening numbers in her precise strikes. She was good at it, but even if it was difficult to see and hard to breathe, at the same time, Linares was flying to dart over one direction to another; even then he saw how flawed her fighting is. Yet it was enough to give their soldiers a headstart. Not far away from the enemy lines, he noticed a person rushing carrying a rocket launcher by his shoulders while the others retreat. He quickly took another dive to warn the arriving backups.

She was still caught up in the fight when she saw Linares above fly back. "What?" She whispered as she continued to do what she was told to. Her nose had begun to bleed from pushing her quirk's limits, but she continued to fight. Then again, her thoughts spirals into always being left alone to be feasted by the enemies. The men she was fighting with began to pile up, and she noticed she was really the only one left. While she was busy defending and killing, her mind is also in a constant state of keeping herself sane before she hears those voices again. She can't break down now, she can't have Ganga's voice reminding her how empty she is during this battle. But the more she tries to stop it, the more her mind stuck to those thoughts.

Before Shinkiro could ponder further into it, an enormous explosion sent shrapnel piercing through flesh as she was thrown heavily and strong by the impact. She was a bit late on activating her quirk that a sharp debris pierced her gut. "Shit!" Then an enemy came rushing through to shoot in point blank. The lady rolled over holding her stomach before standing up to throw her last knife she was reserving. The blade went between his eyes and knocked the enemy down as the battlefield became too blurry from the constant explosions.

Her lungs wants to breathe so bad, but an acid quirk had begun flooding and adding in with the explosions, that it filled the air with toxicity stinging her throat when she tries to gasp for air. As the enemies rush through, she noticed that the soldiers who were supposed to be the side she's fighting with was approaching nearer, so their attention had drifted. In a rush, she hid herself below a trench full of dead bodies. She tore her shirt and bit on the fabric as she cried and took the sharp object from her stomach, she then wrapped the cloth tight to put pressure and stop the bleeding. Desperate, Shinkiro took the opportunity to loot out medical supplies from the dead bodies but there was no luck. Her pockets were also torn from the explosions that her supplies were trashed and broken except for a shot of painkiller.