Chapter 7: Snakes In A Money Pit

Clicks, flashes, and white noise, everything blends into the spotlight of media awoke their inner immortal and infernal beings alike in the annual show of The Prophetess.

The statement was always about mortals having a sense of prime and supremacy within them, something about how one's presence could shake a crowd and proclaim possession of a higher power without having to utter a word. Shinkiro did just that, an uninvited guest, stepped out of a black Rolls-Royce Phantom. Crimson smoke began to sizzle from the edges of her flowing dress, as if the fabric itself was part of the blowing wind.

She had to maintain a slow pace of control or her nose would end up bleeding. Shinkiro walked as the cameras all turned to her direction. This in itself was a gamble, the dress dissipating to red smoke is a possible link to the aftermath of her killings, but Luna had the idea to add sparks of beaming sequins, glitters, and crystals to have it look like it's almost fire, illuminating the smoke, creating an illusion to make it look into a whole different thing when the lights are all shining for her.

Amidst the crowd, she was only looking for two watchful eyes, and she saw them right away. Shinjo was there, holding a glass of champagne.

That, was enough to confirm a success.

All she had to do now was to keep the first impressions up. Shinkiro gave the cameras what they wanted, as different people gather up to introduce themselves and their agenda, business related connections, and some questions for personal gains were thrown.

The Prophetess' show continued, and after hours of socializing with what she deemed were sycophants, Shinjo finally approached her with appraisal.

"Say dear, no one had told me I had a long lost twin."

"I'm glad you brought that up right away."

"There's no denying it. Although it's strange, are you one of my cousins' daughter?" Shinjo offered her a glass and a handshake that Shinkiro answered to with a smile. "You'd be surprised mademoiselle."

"I already am, but keep it going."

"I'm Kenji's daughter."

Shinjo's smile faded as her words sink in. Their eyes locked for a moment and she couldn't speak nor collect the right words. Stunned as she was, questions began to flood, and memories were being relived at the same time.

"K-Kenji?"

"Shinkiro, there you are." Touza chimed in, this is a part of their whole scripted act that once Shinjo knows the truth, then the name of her presumably dead niece is called coincidentally. "Come on, the others are waiting for a conversation."

Shinkiro turned to face Touza, as they both waited for Shinjo's expected response. He predicted beforehand that Shinjo would stop her from getting away and will start to take the matter on a serious note. If she doesn't respond from Touza calling Shinkiro, which was happening as she was dumbfounded, Shinkiro went for plan B and talks to Shinjo to initiate a forced response. "It was nice meeting you today, I'm sorry you had to know I lived in the most unexpected time."

"Do you know who you are claiming to be? Shinkiro is it?" Her eyes sharpened, glancing over the uninvited guests ultimately regaining composure from the slight shock. Shinjo gave out a smile and and sighed. "From your bare presence I know what you think of these people. Rich, overachieving greedy sycophants. Maybe even foolish, you don't know what power I have little girl, you're barely a lady."

"I don't need you to believe me—"

"No, you need me to believe you. Don't lie because I can see you falling off of your high horse."