Chapter 12: Back To Zero

Linares went all the way from the Philippines to meet the murderer of his squad. With him came three higher ups with their quirk still unknown to them. They decided to meet at an area which both parties arranged, ending up in a vast castle garden where there was a spacious remote area accompanying them inside an arbour surrounded by obelisks and a facade facing the fountain.

They had chairs and tables all arranged for them, but neither of the people wanted to let their guards down and sit. Shinkiro already spotted at least four snipers from the distance, mainly because only the aviary can serve as a hiding spot since the garden was chosen so neither of the parties can hide assassins. The Kumori had only deployed three, and she had instructed them to be located further away. Looking into the Lanceo's forces, no one can deny that these people are equipped with strong firearms, they were also obviously instructed to wear a face mask so it wasn't easy to identify people and know their quirk.

The Lanceo wasn't joking, and there he was, Linares Lanceo, standing mighty as a war hero should. His black triple jointed wings shined bright like obsidian, and his talons gripping the dirt. "We sent a message to the Kumori, entailing the premises in which we requested a replacement for our fallen allies and the guns which didn't reach our borders." The female beside him spoke, no one knew who she is, but from her presence alone, she radiated someone of a high authority within their ranks. With it, she continued speaking. "An offer was placed, and we want that which who took their lives. That person being Kumori Shinkiro."

"You people do know that we're related by blood don't you? What made you think Shinkiro was an option in this?" Shinjo retaliated, fanning herself to dry the sweat glistening on her skin.

"If you can give us something of better value, like the businesses you own in other countries, our leader Elias would  accept it in—"

Linares' hand was raised to put his ally into a stop. He then spoke out. "No. We don't want anything else, we want the girl." He remarked, looking at Ashikaga. "That is... If you still want to be alive before the sun goes down."

"Just what is it that you want from me?" Shinkiro had her arms crossed, with her eyes in vivid vertical slits. If there wasn't any another lives like her family involved, she wouldn't budge and choose violence. This is one of the things she despised on working with other people, instead of priorities, she's worried about the others. Ashikaga walked to stand behind and just beside his granddaughter, before he finally spoke.

"Then take her."

She heard a faint click coming from behind, sounding almost like a clink of glass. Before she could turn around, she realized those tiny details would then become crucial when the clicks was from a mechanism that quickly wrapped around her neck.

"This meeting is over, Shinkiro belongs to them. Put your weapons down."

By the order of her own grandfather, the guards from her family did not retaliate further, no one fought back except Shinjo who ran over to pull her niece in her arms.

"No! Father what are you thinking!? Don't come any closer, this isn't what we've decided!"

Ashikaga let out an exasperated sigh, he then raised his hand before he sat down to drink.

"We're not criminals. We're businessmen and what's happening right now, is just good business. This wouldn't have started if she didn't kill all of them."

"She saved your life!"

As their own allies broke their grips apart, Shinjo was dragged back but she was still fighting to get to get her. "No! No!" Shinkiro was in visible shock, she couldn't use the slightest of her power. The men kept a firm hold of her arm dragging her to the Lanceo's side. With a strong blow as she struggled, she managed to force a punch once as she yelled out. "Linares! Tell them to get their filthy fucking hands off!"