Twelve

Louis P.O.V

A menacing scream rips through the quiet- the only sound before was the rain beating down and the soft sounds of the TV.

Harry and I whip our heads to each other, wrapped up in each others arms on the sofa, snapping our heads up to the stairs. 

My heart hammers in my chest. 

The scream continues, getting louder and louder with running footsteps. We both stand up, Natalie running down the stairs, her hair flowing below her shoulders.

"The fuck's happened?" I bellow over her screams. 

She shakes her tipped down head, body trembling. "Something- something was in my hair!" She screams, plugging her ears.

Harry puts his hands up like you would to a startled foal. "It's alright, calm down."

Darcy runs down the stairs then with Robin. 

"What's happened?" She asks.

I click my fingers at her. "Go grab a hairbrush."

She nods, running back upstairs. Robin comes to sit on the sofa, Clifford jumping up and curling beside him. 

"What's wrong?" He asks. 

"Nat says there's something in her hair," Harry mumbles, picking pieces of Natalie's hair. 

I go to the other side of her head, looking through that side, four pairs of eyes are better than two. 

"Ew, it wasn't nits was it?" Robin asks.

Natalie whimpers. "I-I don't think so! I just saw something big and felt it tickling."

I roll my eyes. "It probably wasn't even that big," I say. 

Darcy runs down the stairs, handing Harry the brush. I continue looking through and that's when I see a big brown fury body, long legs sprouting out in all directions. 

I step back, yelping. "Jesus fuck!" I yell.

"Ah, what, what?" Natalie cries, jiggling on the spot. "What is it?"

"It's a spider."

"Well grab it!" Harry says.

I shake my head, scoffing. "I am not touching that it's huge!"

Natalie screams again, shaking her hair. "Get it out!" She whimpers. 

Harry huffs, coming over to my side. I grab Darcy who stands beside me, wrapping my arm around her chest, pulling her close to my chest. 

Harry tuts. "It's not even that big."

My eyes widen. "Not tha- Harry! That's the size of a bus!" I motion toward the spider. 

"Daddy, get it out!" Natalie yells.

"It is pretty big," Darcy mumbles and I point down to her as if to say 'see?'

Harry rolls his eyes, grabbing the spider that's buried in Natalie's hair. He catches a few strands of hair but they fall from between his fingertips, floating back down toward her shoulders. He goes to the french doors.

"Ro, open the door, please," He asks.

Robin gets up, sliding the door open and releases the creature into the rain, closing the door behind him. Natalie tremors from beside me, panting for breath and I bring her in for a hug, stroking her hair. 

"Shh, it's gone now," I whisper.

"That's why I have my hair up," She mumbles, wrapping her arms around me, head burying into my neck.