Eleven

Harry P.O.V

"Oh come on, how come Louis gets the cool steed and I get this dopey looking thing?" Niall hollers, gripping onto the lead rope of Pongo, shaking his head when he sees Louis walking out of the stall, Thunder in his grasp.

Louis holds out the lead rope to Niall, brows quirked. "Go on then, take him."

Niall hesitantly takes the rope, handing Louis Pongo's. "Cool."

I wonder how long it'll take for Niall to realise that this was a big mistake.

Darcy helps Orla and Georgie with tacking up their ponies. Two Welsh ponies, a strawberry roan named Chester and a bay one named Layla. 

Liam has a bay Haflinger named Star, Zayn is paired up with a black Morgan named Shadow both of which are very sweet and once Robin and Darcy outgrow their ponies, will be able to be paired with. But that's for the future, for now, they're for Li and Z. 

Louis tacks up both Thunder and Pongo, Robin's brushing out Coco's tail, Sofia- Robin's friend from ballet- is brushing the grey mane of her dapple grey Welsh pony named Lucky. Liam steps back when Star bashes her hoof against the ground. 

"Oi, you don't do that, that's rude," Louis tells her, lightly hitting her neck to get her attention, making her stop and snort. 

I hand Liam a polo to give to Star, going back to tightening the girth around Bobby's middle. 

"I don't think I've ever ridden a horse before," Georgie admits, stroking down Layla's blaze. 

Niall smiles her way. "Don't worry, petal, last time I rode was when I was your age at a fairground. The horse kept stopping to take a wee and poo, barely got around the circuit. I mean, at least I got to stay on top for longer because of it."

I chuckle at that, shaking my head. "You'll be safe, Gee, I promise," I assure, wanting her to feel safe and not nervous, unlike Robin who's chewing at his bottom lip. 

Georgie shakes her head. "Don't worry, I know I'll be fine." She gives me a toothy grin and Darcy grabs Georgie's dirty blonde hair, pulling it into a ponytail for her. 

Orla takes a hairband from around Darcy's wrist, putting her own up in a low bun. "I rode a few times, haven't I dad?" She looks to Liam who nods. 

"Sure did. We went on a few hacks when on holiday, though it was a donkey, not a horse." He smiles.

I shrug. "Eh, same difference, really."

Louis finishes tacking, unravelling the rope from its quick release knot and begins pulling Pongo along. "Come on then."

We all file out behind him, Liam, Niall and the kids already having their helmets on whilst Zayn, Louis and I have ours strapped around our arms, ready to be placed on our heads. My hair already in a bun, I chuck the navy blue helmet on my head, strapping the pink strap under my chin. 

Louis allows Liam to mount first, putting the mounting block out for him. He gets on, stepping aside to allow room for the next person. 

"We'll warm up in the arena," I tell him, nodding my head over his shoulder toward the sandy arena. 

He nods, turning his horse around and walking over toward the arena gates. 

Zayn mounts, followed by Orla. He takes the lead rope and leads her over to where her other dad is waiting around, watching us all mount. 

Niall comes over to the block next and I cross my arms, watching on in amusement as he steps up onto the block, slotting his foot in the stirrup. He goes to mount but Thunder is a picky little devil and decides to rear slightly, snorting and bashing his hoof.