Chapter 13 - The Red War & Other Explanations

Key: 

Y/N: hey = talking

Y/N: (happy) hey = tone of voice

Y/N: *moving* = action

Third Person POV

The scene opens up where the last chapter ended at with Y/N sitting at a large table with some of his friends/mentors sitting at the table or standing by it asking him questions.

Y/N POV

Vasco: Hey Y/N.

Y/N: Yes Vasco.

Vasco: Can you explain exactly what the Red War was? I never heard of it or anything about it.

Sirzechs: Me either.

Oobleck: Me as well.

I froze in place since I still have nightmares from the Red War and suffer a few night terrors once in a while. I guess I must have spaced out for some time because I felt someone put their hand on my left shoulder. I look at the person and see Gabriel with a concerned look on her face.

Gabriel: (concerned) Are you okay, Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah. I'm fine. It's just.... It's a little difficult to talk about the Red War.

Diodora: You don't remember it?

Y/N: It's the opposite actually. I have night terrors once in a while because of the war. I watched people I had known since I was little die in front of me and countless others being massacred during the Red Legion's strike on the Traveler's City.

I see that everyone was concerned for me when I said that I have a few night terrors because of the war.

Y/N: But I can talk about a few events I just won't go in great detail. The Red War began when the Red Legion attacked the Traveler's City to kill all the Guardians there so that they can take the light for themselves.

Oobleck: How did they know how to accomplish that?

Y/N: Their leader, Dominus Ghaul, studied the Traveler for years and found a way to take the light from it and give it to those he deemed worthy. So, he attacked the city to take control over the Traveler and give the light to his troops.

Sienna: How did he manage to gain control over the city since you guys have these powers over the light?

Y/N: He managed to cut off our connection to the Traveler which made us powerless. We lost our powers, and we had no chance against the Red Legion. For two months I had no light and only had a hand cannon with me. *summons the Ace of Spades* This is a hand cannon by the way. I eventually found a shard of the Traveler and regained my light from it. I then found my soon-to-be fireteam and other powerless Guardians and guided them to the shard and we soon had a small group of Guardians with control over the light.

Akeno: But you couldn't go back to the city until you reunited every Guardian, right?

Y/N: *Unsummons the Ace of Spades* Correct. We went on other adventures until we were able to attack the Red Legion with every Guardian we had, but before we could take our city back, we had to deal with the Almighty.

Adam: The Almighty?

Y/N: The Almighty was a Cabal weapon that had the power to destroy an entire city in a single attack.

Balberith: I guess you guys destroyed it, right?

Y/N: We thought about doing that, but there was a problem with that plan.