Chapter Six - Saving Sudo

Start from the beginning

"Eh-well, yeah they were helpful," she smiled sheepishly.

"On an unrelated note, it seems this video is from your perspective again, Kiyotaka," Keisei turned to the group.

"Seems like it,"

"In most of the other videos, it showed something we didn't know about you, like your entrance exam score or capability in a fight. Are we going to see something similar here?"

At this point, it was important that I began to cover my bases.

"Yes, we are,"

"I see. I half-expected you to deny it, but I'm glad you didn't."

"I'd prefer that these videos didn't continue, but seeing as I don't think that's an option, the best choice is to be as open as I can,"

I decided to give them the truth. If things weren't like this, I would have preferred to have taken a different approach in revealing the things about me I've kept hidden.

"That's understandable. Can I ask another question though?" Keisie continued.

I nodded.

"If these videos weren't being shown, would you have told us about these events, or at the very least, your actual capabilities?"

"Yes and no,"

"What does that mean?"

From what they'd seen so far, there would be no reason for me to keep these moments a secret. However, there were some things that I'd prefer to keep hidden from even the Ayanokoji group.

"There are some things that I'd prefer to keep to myself," I responded, "I don't think that matters much, though, as by the looks of it, you'll see everything about me,"

Whether I could keep the existence of the White Room a secret or not was yet to be seen. There was also the chance that the creator of these videos shared my wish. If that was the case, it would make my work a whole lot easier.

"I really feel bad for Kiyopon. I'd hate it if my life was put on display like this," Haruka said.

"There's nothing we can do about it. It's honestly not that bad," I assured her.

"Calm as always," Akito said with a half-smile.

Some of the students shouted in joy and delight when they saw the 100s lined up on the results sheet. However, some weren't smiling. The only grade that truly mattered was Sudou's score in English.

Then— We saw Sudou's test scores.

He had scored sixty points in four of the five main subjects, which was considerably high. He'd scored thirty-nine points in English.

"Yes!" Sudou leapt up and shouted with joy. Ike and Yamauchi stood and cheered, too. There was no red line to be found on the results sheet. Kushida and I shared a glance and sighed in relief. Horikita didn't smile or cheer, but she did appear relieved.

"I can't believe you all got so happy over passing the first test," Ryuen chuckled.

"It was our first test at this school that put expulsion on the line," Ichinose said, "I was relieved that all of my class passed as well,"

"Still, it was a close call," Sudo looked downcast, "If Suzune hadn't-"

"There's no point thinking about it now. That happened over a year ago and you are still here so don't let it bother you," Horikita cut him off.

"Y-your right!" Sudo shook his head to focus himself.

"We showed you, sensei! When we really try our best, we can do anything!" Ike wore a smug, confident look.