Eleven | Keychain

Start from the beginning

They sat next to him and the group all year long anyway, so who wouldn't eavesdrop?

The two who were tied ended up in a project so I am bracing myself when that topic comes up. If we are doing a project and having the teachers grade it, I am letting him take the spot. I am not letting a project determine my spot after I spent three years of nonstop work to get all the way up here.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow. I am on house patrol." I have the urge to roll my eyes at that statement. My parents are such busy people that it isn't uncommon for them to be gone for about a week due to business conventions and meetings.

"Aw man. Call us if you're bored." Atlas calls out and I give him a thumbs up before walking back into my house.

This is what sucks about being an only child. I have no one but my friends to talk to. I guess I could call my cousins but they're from my dad's side so I don't like them much. I don't have a pet either. Imagine having a pet dog or cat that I could hang out with. I know they dont talk but I could spill my thoughts to them and they would listen. Sort of, right?

I also know boredom when I feel it. Everything I seem to be doing right down is making me feel extra bored. I tried to draw, it lasted for a solid five minutes. I ate cereal too. But it disappeared way too fast. Even my TV seems to have bad shows on right now. I click through the endless channels, but nothing seems to catch my attention.

I know Atlas said I could call them over but they haven't gotten their trio time since I came and I want to let them be.

I walk into the downstairs guest bedroom and scope out the room. I think fall threw up in here... in a good way. It is decorated in subtle yellow, red, and oranges. Beautiful for the autumn weather outside. I take the fluffy autumn themed blanket and bring it with me to the living room. I wrap around myself before plopping back onto the couch and letting sleep overtake me.

*****
I don't know if I am dreaming or not but a light feathered touch is caressing my cheek. Oh now it stopped. Wait, come back. Now my name is being called ever so softly. I cuddle into my blanket even more and turn around so my face is now smooshed against the inside of the couch. The same voice that was calling my name now softly laughed as well.

"Dakota, what are you doing in my house?" I ask, unphased, with my eyes still closed.

"I sort of got the keys to your house." Now how the hell... "I wanted to check up on you." My parents gave him the keys to my house. No duh. Why didn't I think about that sooner?

I flip myself over so now I am laying on my stomach with my face squished on ot pillow. "I am sleeping, D."

"Nyla Dylan's sleep talks?"

I smile. "No I don't."

"And she can hear me speaking to her as she sleeps. Crazy stuff right here." My left arm is dangling off the couch so I try to aim it to slap him playfully. I miss, of course, but I did try. "Did you check your levels?"

"No? It's not time yet."

"Oh. Just checking."

Alright alright, he is a cutie for checking up on me. But let me sleep again dude. I think I did a complete 360 in positions until I am not facing him and I open my eyes meeting his. "Good morning."