Did You Hear? She Made The Playboy Cry [1]

Chapter one: A fresh start

Angelina P.O.V

It was a new day, a new town, a new school. New people. None of the past, I could completely start again. I put my iPod in as I started the long walk to my school, I only knew one other person there. That was my child hood friend, Bianca. It was funny, she moved almost 5 years ago, we'd kept in touch but never met up. It was ironic that I'd moved to the same place as her. I was nervous. What would she look like? Would she be the same person?

I took a deep breath outside the gates of Chase Lane High school. The beige building and its immaculate plants, trees, and the cleanliness of its parking lot, was frightening. In my old school they'd been graffiti, rubbish, cigarette butts everywhere. It looked deserted. I checked my watch. Where was everyone? School started in 15 minutes.

 I squinted my eyes looking for at least one person, School did start today right? I saw a puff of smoke coming out from behind one of the port cabins. I hurried towards it that had to be someone smoking; maybe they could tell me where everyone was. I briskly walked towards the group of four boys. My purple folder in hand, a friendly smile on my face. 

I saw one of them say something, and the three that had their back to me turned around to stare. They didn't say anything, they just stood and stared. I slowed down as I approached them, warily looking between them. I stopped right in front of the one in the middle, my heart was beating wildly. He raised his eyebrow at me waiting for me to speak. I cleared my throat.

"Uh... hi, I'm new here and I was...um...I was wondering if you could tell me where-" I stopped I was about to say where everyone was but there was a roaring sound behind me.

I turned and saw the rest of the school pouring in like it was a parade. Their cars blaring music, the girls had their miniskirts on and where sitting on the back of the jeeps. Showing of their tanned, toned legs. The black jeep in front was carting along a banner with it. The school symbol I recognised it as. A blue and gold parrot.

The group of boys all disappeared to join in with the commotion. All except the one in front of me. I turned back to him and saw him watching me. He was beautiful. Not even, beautiful was a watered down word when it came to describing him. He had the cutest beauty spot on the right side of his top lip. His dark brown hair was so thick and wavy; it resembled a chocolate river.

He had mesmerising blue eyes, they were almost violet. As I stared at him, he stared at me analysing my face. He lend towards me, our noses inches apart. My gaze was fixated on his lips. Who was this stranger? Why was I flapping around him like a ditzy blond? And why hadn't I moved away from him yet? He was invading my personal bubble. But I didn't mind.

Move Angelina, take control don't let him compel you. I blinked trying to wake my body up. Why weren't my feet moving? He still hadn't said anything, he just watched my face. My lips parted, and I saw him grin. He leaned even further in, putting his mouth on my ear. I could feel his hot breath on my neck. I closed my eyes.

"Zaine" he whispered.

I waited a few seconds, and then I opened my eyes. I looked around and he was gone. I turned back to the crowd to see if I could spot him. I couldn't see any of the four boys. Had I made them up? I shook my head. Not again Angelina, not again, wake up. A light shiver went through me. I walked towards the crowd maybe I could find the office by myself.  

I put my hand on my neck where his breath had been, where Zaine's breath had been. I smiled for some reason I felt blessed to know his name. But then again I had a feeling all the girls did.