Chapter 5

I woke up with my head resting on his shoulder. I quickly straightened up, hoping he didn't notice. He was still asleep, so I don't think he knew.

"Did you two have fun last night?" Ria asked still reading her magazine.

"Um sure I guess." I said, not really knowing how to answer.

"You are still young and don't really know him." She said while scanning the pages. "Don't get your hopes up."

"um... Okay." I said, then asked, "How much farther?"

"Seven miles. About ten more minutes." She answered swiftly. "Wake up the boys, we will want to eat before we get there."

We ate up the rest of our food, then packed up all of our things. Everyone else on the bus had already gotten off, so it was only us and the bus driver. The bus pulled to a stop, at what looked like the middle of no where. Ria got up from her seat and we all followed.

"Thanks again Rick." She said on her way down the steps.

"No problem. Good luck." Rick waved to her.

We all got off the bus, and watched it pull away. "Come on, the trail is this way. Its a little hike, but we should make it there before sun down." Ria said then slipped into the forest.

"Oh yay, more walking." Buo said sarcastically before following her.

"No kidding." I said then followed him.

We finally found the path, which I'm pretty sure deer used it too. Sometimes the trail would disappear when we would go over a patch of rocks or cross a river. I could feel blisters starting on my feet and ankles and really wished we could take a break to rest. I didn't feel like interrupting so I kept quiet. Ria continuously moved her knife in her hand. She obviously was ready for something or someone to jump out any second.

For a second I thought I saw an gray wing, followed by an brown one, but I just figured it was an bird. Ky got his foot stuck in an hole, so me and Buo hand to come back and help him. We had lost sight of Ria, but Buo was sure she went toward a lake that was a little ways ahead of us. We all looked up when an big shadow passed over us, followed by another. Two angles landed in front of us. They had their wing held high above their heads so you couldn't see their faces. The one with white and gray wings was a guy, and had large muscles. The other was a girl, who held lean muscles with a short curved knife in her right hand.

"What do we have here Neo?" The girl asked.

"I think we have some trespassers Silica." Neo said.

"Look we don't want any trouble, we are just trying to get to the Order." Ky said, while pushing me behind him.

Neo fold his wings and walked right up to Ky. Neo had blue hair and golden eyes. "You want to come to the Order?"

Ky's eyes were wide and he leaned backwards slightly. "yes"

Neo leaned forward, his eyes slits. His expression was unreadable. "okay." He said and stepped back and smiled.

Silica put her knife away and came and stand by Neo. "What's your names?"

"Um, well I'm Lyra, and this is Ky and Buo." I answered for everyone. "where is Ria? You know her right?"

"Yeah she is like a sister to us!" Silica answered. "She went off on a... walk."

"a walk?" Ky asked, hearing the pause.

"Yeah, she will be back later. She asked us to bring you to the Order." Neo answered. "but let's try not to make an scene, okay?"

"If we have to." Buo answered sarcastically.

"You do." Silica said right before she spread her wings and lifted off the ground.

Neo followed her, next Buo, then me, and finally Ky. We flew in an V-shape pattern and after a little ways Neo took the lead and Silica flew in the back. We were flying right towards the mountains. By now I could tell which one was our target. It was medium sized and to bigger ones were on each side of it. As we got closer I could see other angels flying in all different directions. There was two large caves. For one, angels were flying out of, the other one others were coming in.

"Its like a road." I said as we got closer.

"At the Order we like to keep things....well orderly." Silica said flying by me. "Alight, single file now. Follow us when we get in there. Don't get lost. And if you do..." She paused. "Good luck."

Neo folded his wings to dive and we all copied. As we got closer I could see that two guards stood watch at each cave. We started to level out, then went through the opening. Right when we got through an wave of noise came. Angels that were all different for there. Soldiers wearing armor, workers caring wood and food, and smart angels caring books. Some dressed in clothes more like people, others in dresses and pants and shirts. I followed Neo through the crowd. As we neared the edge I could see several tunnels breaking off. Many of them head symbols on top, like fire, an axe, books, and a water drop.

Neo lead us through one with an door symbol. We past several door on our way down the hall. Neo stopped at on door and unlocked it with an key that hung around his neck. He opened the door and walked it. The walls where made out of stone, and there was an big spacious living room. Two hallways broke off and headed in different directions.

"I will start on dinner. I would have put something out if I had known we were having guests." Silica said then made her way down one of the hallways.

"I'm sorry we don't have enough rooms, Buo and Ky will have to share." Neo walked down the opposite hall, gesturing to us to follow. "Here is the boys room. There are more blankets in the closet." he turned around to the door opposite of the boys. "This will be yours Lyra. Ria should be back later."

"Okay, thanks." I said then shut the door. My room was enormous. There was a canopy bed across the room with a bench at the end. There were no windows in the room, but that was okay. I sat down on the bed and ran my hands over the soft blanket. I looked when I heard the door opened.

"Hey." Ky said coming to sit on the bed with me.

"Hi." I said looking down at the blanket.

"Its a lot different here then in the human world. I wonder is this is what Byta is like." He said.

"I don't know, but I have a feeling its going to be better." I spoke right as Silica walked in.

"Dinners ready." She said looking back and forth between me and Ky, then smiled and walked out.

"Well I don't know about you but I'm starving." Ky said while getting up. I got up and followed him into the hallway. "smells good."

It did. We finally found our way to the dining room. Silica had put out plates, silverware, and napkins. She had made chicken, potatoes, gravy, and corn. Everyone took their seats and feasted. Once we had finished the main course Silica brought out apple pie. There wasn't much talking, mostly only small talk. Like where we're from, parents, any other siblings, stuff like that.

Right when we finished dinner the main door opened. Ria walked in. She didn't say hello or anything just walked right off to her room.

Silica sighed then got up from her chair. "Excuse me please."

Neo nodded. "Ria always gets like this when she come back."

"Why does she exactly." Ky asked finishing off his pie.

"She goes out to Tate's grave for a while and gets sad about it." Neo answered.

"Who is Tate?" I asked right away.

"Her boyfriends that died last year." Neo answered. "I think its time for bed."

Ok there you go! Remeber to vote and comment love reading comments.

Oh and p.s. that is a pic of Ky up there.