Chapter 4

Soon the lights from the city came into view. It was hard to see with the clouds covering the sky. A storm was coming. We landed right outside town, we were able to fly closer then we usually would with the cover of the storm.

we slipped into the alley way and came onto main street. It was dark and the street lights gave it an eerie glow. "there is an gas station just up the road," Ria said glancing around, "we can pick up some food for on the bus ride." We nodded then headed down the road.

We finally got to the gas station. It was called "Eagle Travel Shop" There was three guys standing out front smoking. As we walked by them I felt my hand grasp the necklace around my neck without even knowing.

There was an man at the front desk was reading some comic magazine. He didn't even look up when we walked in. I walked to the fridges in the back and got us some pop. I met up with everyone in the front. Ky had got some chips, Buo had cookies, and Ria had some gum and a magazine. Ria put twenty dollars on the counter, then started opening her gum. The cashier bagged all of our items and handed it to Ria, who handed it to Buo.

I followed everyone out the door. The three guys were still there and watched us as we walked by. We walked down the road and I could see the bus stop ahead of us now. Everyone was a couple feet away from me now, but I didn't hurry to catch up.

From behind I could hear some foot steps, I didn't bother to turn around to see who it was. I should have. From behind a hand covered my mouth and dragged me backwards. The held my hands against my back. I struggled, but it seemed helpless. They were the tree guys from the store, and we pulling me back into a alley. I took a deep breath then raised my head up and bit down on the guy's hand. I heard him swear under his breath then let me go. I got up and ran around the corner.

"Get down." Ria said. I automaticly crouched down and watched her throw a knife somewhere behind me. "Damnit!" I head one of them say. I looked back to see one of the men pull a knife out of their shoulder. Just barely missing his neck.

Ky ran to my and pulled me to my feet and back to the group. Ria pushed me behind her and dodged a punch from one of the guys. Then landed a punch and broke his nose. Then turned and kick the other in the stomach. He fell to the ground, Ria jumped on top of him and started punching him over and over again. He started pleading her to stop.

"Why did you try to take her." She yelled at him. When he didn't answer she got up and kicked him in the ribs.

"Okay, okay! I will talk." He pleaded, "We were trying to take the key."

"You disgust." Ria snarled at him. "Get out of here!" He got to his feet and ran after his friends. "I guess they we angels too."

"Yeah, I guess." I said rubbing the key with my thumb, then put it inside my jacket.

We sat on the bench for a while. Soon the lights of the bus showed in the distance. It slowed to an stop and we all got to our feet. It slowed to a stop and we all got on. The bus driver was old and fat. He had a short beard that had crumbs in it. "Where you off to?" He asked as we boarded.

"We are going to Craig, we are going to fly over the mountains in an airplane." Ria said nonchalantly.

The bus driver nodded, "I hear its great this time of year." He then whispered, "welcome back Ria." She nodded then made her way to the back of the bus.

Buo and Ky sat a row behind me, and Ria sat across the isel. "What was that whole plane ride thing about?" Buo asked as soon as the bus pulled away from the station.

"He is a angel who got his wings cut off, he helps others find their way to the Order." She answered, while opening her pack of gum, then started to read her magazine. I sat there for a bit in silence watching the rain smear across the window.

Buo and Ky talked quietly for a bit. I heard some noise and turned to see Ky moving to sit next to me. "Hey" He said while sitting down.

"Hi" I said smiling.

"You okay? Those guys didn't hurt you right?" He asked.

"Naw I'm fine. Just was startled I guess."

"Well thats good. I think?"

I laughed."Yeah, I'm pretty sure its an good thing." "Yeah, I never thought we would be this close to going home. I mean real home. Byta." He said. "Have you ever been there? Or seen a picture or something?"

"No, I was born here. My father was an general in the army. My parents had gone back and for an meeting. They closed off the gates a day later and I never saw them again." I ran my fingers thru my hair. "but I heard that it is really nice and clean and you can always see the sun."

"I want to go back." he said leaning back into his seat. "I wonder where the gates are."

"Probably in like the mountains or something." I said leaning back too. "I wonder what the Order is like?"

"I bet its a bunch of angels in suits and arguing all the time." He said while reaching back and grabbing the box of cookies. "Oreos, my favorite."

"Me too!" I said excitedly then reached down and grabbed the pop I had got. "you like mountain dew?"

"Like it? I love it!" He said opening on up. "Oreos and mountain dew. Could this day get any better?" It was nice to talk to someone.

Ky was very fun and smart. Turns out he loves astronomy. We talked all night, till around twelve. I was so tired, I didn't even notice when he stretched and put his arm around me. I was barely awake and finally gave up. Sleep came quickly, and i greeted it like an old friend.

Okay I felt like being nice and putting up another chapter so here you go!