Chapter-3

A minute or an hour, I can't get hold of the time. I have stood there, Frozen. I still couldn't take in the things I had heard. Us...being chased?! What is that supposed to mean?

I had only heard of such things in a movie but now that it is reality it's very scary. Joshua pulls me towards his warm, strong chest which made me feel a little better. It was good to know someone was there, who I could trust, someone who protects me...

We were still standing there. God knows for how long, It was a busy street, with people boarding busses, A thousand cars on the highway, dog barking, children playing, people talking. Yet, I could not hear a thing. All I could hear were the words Joshua said "We are being chased" circulating through my ears, echoing.

Joshua then covered my ears for me and suggested we go back. I too think that would be a good idea. In any case it is not safe for us to stand outside.

After returning from the Subway we refreshed ourselves up and sat down together to calm down ourselves.

I clumsily sat on the TV remote and it accidently switched on to a news channel. The news flashed "Mr. Smith's 24 year old billionaire son Sam Smith found dead in the west-coast warehouse. Mr. Smith the CEO of the world famous company "The Stoneachers" says that he will take the matter in his own hands and take care of the victim himself and would go to any extend to find the criminal. He says that if the criminal confesses the crime before 10am tomorrow he would face fewer punishments, but if he does not do so his face would be revealed. The permission has been granted by the government. May Sam's soul Rest in Peace"

. After seeing the news Joshua seemed like he was paralyzed, He was this scared he didn't even blink his eyes. He seemed out of the World.

He snapped out of it when I asked what we were going to do now, Mr. Smith seemed like a guy not to mess with. His voice was trembling, he was confused, he looked around here and there but not even once looked at me. I could tell that he was horrified by the news and did not know what to do. I wanted to make him feel relaxed, but I just couldn't because I knew, nothing can make him calm down, things have gone out of hand now.

We have two choices...either confess to the crime Joshua has not done or his face will be revealed and then it will be very difficult for us, forget about getting a job. It would be a fortune if we could find a place to stay.