1

He stood there on the school entrance waiting for her to arrive. A smile lingered on his face remembering their old school memories. How madly in love they were. Looking towards the left side, he saw a florist and his eyes moved to her favourite flower, Rose, Red Rose. Wanting to surprise her, he ran over there and bought a bouquet of red roses not wanting to disappoint her with just a single rose. He waited for her to arrive when he suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder. His smile grew wider thinking that she had once again managed to surprise him, but as soon as he turned he sighed seeing cabir, his best friend standing over there.

"manik what the hell are you doing here? It's your school reunion dude. I don't even know anyone here properly. Come on, let's party and introduce me to your friends." He said while trying to drag him inside but manik jerked his hand and stood there glaring at cabir.

"Cabir, please stop it okay. You know na I am waiting for her. It's been so long dude. 5 years. We had promised each other that we'll wait, and now, now it's the time when we'll be together for forever. Since the farewell of school, I had been waiting for this day." He had a smile as he said these words while cabir sighed seeing his friend who was waiting for her desperately. Although cabir had not met his girl, but all the stories that manik had told him till now felt as if only he loved her. Moreover, he was suspicious if the girl loved him even or not, since manik didn't even have a photo of her because none of them had their own phones at that time.

"Manik, you know right, I am really against her. I don't know why, but my heart still doesn't approve for her." He said trying to explain him one last time but manik, it felt as if he was in the spell of love. 'Blind in love', "nooo cabir. You don't know her only. I know her okay? I know her, she.... She isn't anything like your talks. I am damn sure she'll be waiting for me, just like I am waiti.....n...g..." his words died in his mouth and his eyes instantly glistened with tears when he saw her coming towards him in his favourite colour, while setting her saree, looking as pretty as an angle.

Cabir, who knew manik was hopeless in this matter, just went away in between manik's conversation not wanting to hear more about that girl.

"see, I told you cabir, she can't leave me." He said smiling to his fullest and looked behind just to see that cabir wasn't there. Looking ahead he again smiled but his smile was soon converted into anger as he saw a man holding her arms tightly from behind her while she stumbled. Running towards her, he immediately punched the guy as soon as he reached over there while the girl tried to stop him. "what the hell, stop it."

"how dare you misbehave with her huh??? You bloody bastard..." he was again going to land another punch when the girl's words stopped him in middle.

"manik leave him. Manik for god's sake leave him, he is my husband." His hand froze in the middle as his mind went through her words. How could she brake the promise? Hadn't they promised that they both will wait for each other?