C H A P T E R 10

GOLF CLUB

The boys met the girls at the twinkie a few minutes later and Callie drove as fast as she could, to get them out of here.

Somehow, they had made it and stole the drone but it had been complicated. She kept driving and head to the Wreck.

It was her shift and she knew her friends would be starving. They made their ways inside of the restaurant as the two girls went to Mr Carrera.

"Hey dad"

"Hi Kie, how's it going Cal? ready for your shift? your apron is waiting for you in the back," he pointed at the cloakrooms and Kiara rolled eyes.

"Can't you like, give her a free day or something? today was very exhausting"

"We need her," he spoke to show it wasn't going well with business "didn't turn it over once"

"Probably just bad luck because of the storm," Kiara said as she gave him a quick hug. "I guess now is not the best time to ask you for free food for me and my friends?"

Callie laughed as she walked away, to go get prepared. She got in the back, greeted her workmates and put on her equipment.

When she came back, she saw all of her friends eating and drinking, so she smiled as she understood they had had their free food.

She kept serving people, cleaning tables and helping everywhere she could for about an hour and a half until the restaurant was almost empty.

She heard music coming from the back of the room and giggled as she saw Kiara dancing. She was so pretty.

Then John B came and started dancing with the girl, being all over her, as he usually did. Callie walked to her friends and winked at JJ.

"Come on! dance with me"

He got up and smiled. "Don't gotta ask me twice m'lady," she laughed and they started dancing, laughing and forgetting about their struggles.

Then she looked at Pope and stopped dancing with JJ. He frowned eyebrows, frustrated as she walked to the other boy, who was completely absorbed by the sight of Kiara dancing.

"Wanna dance too?" he didn't answer, not paying attention to her. "Pope! Wanna dance?" she asked once more and he brought his attention to her.

"Hum.. yeah"

He looked at her and got up, shyly. She took his hand into hers and started dancing with him too, as JJ was now messing around John B and Kie.

"Hey Pope," she said as she got closer from him.

"Hey Cal"

"So you know, if you want something, go for it," she said. "Don't wait for it to reach you, cause it might never happen"

He looked down at her, confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Kiara"

He shook his hand and kept slow dancing slowly, Callie close to him. "There's nothing going on between me and her. I promise"

"That's the point Pope. If you want something to happen, make it happen," she concluded as he nodded and smiled shyly, uncomfortable.

They kept dancing and laughing for a big part of the night, until they got tired and all went back home.

ꕥ ꕥ

"It doesn't look like the same planet as the one I was born in," Pope said as they made their ways through figure eight.