C H A P T E R 8

HIS MOTORCYCLE

A day had passed since Callie's little breakdown going at work and honestly she was feeling a lot better. She had called Rafe on the phone, just to let him know she missed him and so did he.

"These rich assholes," spoke Callie as they were heading Figure Eight to go to JJ's workplace for internet access.

"You're part of them though," JJ smirked.

"Dude, stop, she's one of us," Kiara argued as they all laughed knowing it was a joke and JJ didn't mean a single word of what he had just said.

Of course he loved Callie as much as he loved the others, it wasn't even debatable.

They parked at the place and they all got ready to get out of the van but JJ taking the gun out of the glovebox stopped them. "Alright keep a look out we're behind enemy lines"

"JJ!"

"Come on man just put it back," John B instructed JJ as he held the gun in his hand.

"What? you can never be too careful"

"I predict that bringing a weapon to a four star hotel will likely cause more problem than they solve"

Kiara leaned towards JJ, took the gun into her left hand as JJ kept holding it too.

"I swear to god I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean JJ, put it back!" she instructed as they all got out of the car, JJ mumbling words like a frustrated kid.

"You can't just grab a gun like that"

"JJ just- please move on," Callie whispered him and he started to act less angry, as they made their ways inside of the hotel.

"Can't forget my badge" he proudly said "I'm a professional Busboy" and Callie couldn't help herself from thinking he was cute.

How proud he was to show this place to his best friends was so precious and unexpected.

He greeted a few persons, stole food from a woman he apparently knew who finished by yelling at him and they got into the computers room. "Sweet lord the internet, I missed you," Pope said, as they all rushed towards the computers.

"Let me get here, I gotta check out my insta models," JJ said and Callie rolled eyes as she sat next to him.

"The only insta model you're stalking is me"

"Oh" he faked getting awkward "how did you figure this out?" they both burst out in laugh as the others started doing more serious things to access a map or anything they were searching for. Callie didn't really understand why they were here anyways.

All she was thinking about was Rafe, and how excited she was about the idea to see him. She had planned on surprising him this the afternoon, going at his place.

"Coordinates please," Pope teared Callie away from her thoughts. Callie gave it to him as the map appeared on the screen.

The Royal Merchant wasn't so far from the island at all, very surprisingly. "Boom, continental shelf right there"

"Well if it's off the deep end, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt is it?" Pope asked.

"Well that's on the high side, only 900 feet," Callie replied, looking carefully at the informations on the screen.

"Not that deep"

"Is that doable or something?" Kie asked, perplexed.

"Totally doable," JJ confidently reassured her as Callie frowned eyebrows.