Chapter Fourteen: Who's Up For A Challenge?

Start from the beginning

My God, I want to vomit.

I sit back up in my seat and look back up at Sophie and Elias.

"Take a look at Georgia's face," I laugh to Bishop.

Next to Sophie is Georgia. Her face has shriveled into a sour frown as she pulls apart the bread she didn't eat from earlier. 

"Wow, she is really taking her anger out on that poor little bread," Bishop jokes.

We giggle together.

"I honestly think Elias just wants a lay," I say.

Bishop nods. "Oh yeah. And poor Sophie actually likes him."

Poor Sophie indeed. If only she knew...

I grab my napkin and start fiddling with the edges. Should I? No, I shouldn't. But maybe...

"Do you like Elias?" I ask Bishop.

Bishop looks up at me with confusion. "I mean yeah."

"Wait, really?"

"Of course, he is a fun guy. Sure, I didn't really care for him in the beginning but I think he is coming around," he replies.

He can't be serious.

"Do other people feel this way about him?" 

Bishop frowns. "I don't know. Let's find out!"

"Wait-no!"

Bishop turns to his left where Katy is sat. 

"Hey, do you like Elias? We are taking a poll to see who actually does," Bishop tells Katy.

I slap my forehead.

Katy smiles. "Yeah, of course, I do."

"I think everyone does," Will suddenly chimes in from across the table.

"What are we talking about?" Lily asks, Will's arm wrapped around her.

"Elias," Bishop simply replies, taking a sip of his drink.

Okay, this is spreading like wildfire.

"Doesn't everyone like him?" Lily shrugs.

No, I want to scream.

"He is actually really fun," chuckles Will.

"I find him the coolest," Mia smiles.

Great, now everyone is joining in. And apparently, they all love him!

"I hope that answers your question," Bishop says, turning back to me. 

"Thank you, Bishop," I say through gritted teeth.

Antonio then stands, announcing we will be leaving. I can't get out of here fast enough. We exit the restaurant. The warm night of Townsville hits my flushed face. We are in March now, but the temperatures still couldn't be warmer. That's Queensland for you.

Alex comes up from behind me and I smile. He puts his hand in mine and starts tracing circles with his thumb. It feels warm and comforting unlike how it felt when Elias did it to me a few days ago.

"Excuse me, people!" sings a voice from behind me.

All of a sudden Alex and I have been pushed apart. My footing is lost and I topple onto the cold, hard concrete. Sharp pains shoot up my hip.

Damn it.

"Sienna!"

I look up and Alex is by my side, checking over me. I groan and start scrambling to my feet, Alex helping me up. As I stand, Sienna is in front of me with a small smirk on her face.