"I—I don't have anyone...anymore.", you clutched your blanket miserably.

The man started patting your head softly and smiled.

"My name is Shoyo and these are my students Gintoki, Katsura and Takasugi and they have all been helping me to take care of you.", he pointed at them in order.

"We won't ask you what happened but don't you think it's better to let us know your name? Then Gintoki can stop calling you 'injured but beautiful girl'", he smiled again and Gintoki began spouting rather embarrassed that he had said no such thing.

"Um—my name is [name].", you looked meekly at the man.

"Well then [name], welcome to Shoka Sonjuku."

______________________________

Without any manner of formality, you continued to stay holed up in the same room to recuperate for a few more days, Shoyo visiting you occasionally and Katsura barging in to bring his special delicacies that he was proud to communicate he had made himself.

You felt like you could trust these people and differentiate in them a sort of uninterested kindness that you had never seen in anyone these past few days. No one urged you for your past-history or the cause of your injury.

The three kids were always almost hanging around you.

Gintoki was always lolling in your room as an excuse to skip classes or studying in general and it would almost always, end up with Shoyo whooping his ass in front of you and dragging him back to class.

Then there was Takasugi, resident tough-emo boy, who talked as sophisticated as an adult. He would appear to change your bandages or brag about how he had dealt a blow to Gintoki. Usually bluff and direct and very cunning.

He even challenged you to fight him after you had healed.

"Because no doubt, you received this injury in a fight."

Was his reasoning.

Then the studious and innocent "Zura" Katsura. Always attentive and caring but very unreasonable sometimes.

You spent your days in their company, attending to their petty fights or jokes and soon found yourself regaining your spirits.

"Hey-oi!! Why are you out?", Takasugi scrambled to you with his wooden sword on his shoulder, surprised to see you walk beyond the vicinity of your room.

"I think I'm fine with walking now.", you replied gently, clutching onto the walking stick that Shoyo had given to you. He told you that it would take a while before you were no more dependent on it.

"Well. If—if you're free you can come watch me hand Gintoki's ass over to him.", He talked with a vivacious countenance. He wanted to show you his skills but also did not want you to find out that he was trying to impress you for some reason.

"Can I?"

"Yeah."

He held his hand out so that you would follow him with ease.

___________________

You were at the threshold of the training dojo, your hand still in Takasugi's who was urging you to come on in. You were vastly overwhelmed by the sight of so many kids clustered around in the room and were getting reluctant.

What if they say something hurtful about your leg?

"..."

"What is it? If someone says something about you then just beat them up.", the boy chuckled to himself.