A call

"Wait what?!" DK yelled, anger taking over. Scott stepped back, putting his hands up.

"I can't ask you guys to fight in a war that you guys aren't a part of," Smajor said. They all looked at each other

"Scott, we don't even have a dropship. We can't leave if we wanted to," Ellum said, thinking he had outsmarted the king

"I'm calling Toast," Scott said. The cries he heard as he went upstairs were loud.

The tablet rang for a moment before Toast answered it, looking confused

"Scott, what's wrong?" He asked. Smajor looked at him and took a breath

"I need you to come collect my crew. I can't ask them to fight in this war, nor can I leave with them," he said.

Toast knew. Toast had always known, of course he had. Scott had told him and asked for him not to say anything.

"Of course. I'll come down with a dropship. We all know how stubborn they'll be," he said and Scott hung up.

DK watched with his arms crossed front he stairs, Scott looking at him now.

"DK..."

"You're making us leave? Just like that-"

"DK, I can't risk you getting hurt. I love you," Smajor said. DK didn't looked at him for a moment, then locked eyes.

"I love you too. But you can't seriously expect me to leave you here!"

"I don't expect it. And I know you don't wanna. But you have to. Ok?"

"Why?!"

"Because I don't know what I would do if you died!" Smajor said. Tears started to form in his eyes, hating when he argued with his boyfriend.

"Baby, I can't leave you here," he whispered and walked over. DK placed their foreheads together.

"You have to. Promise me DK," he whispered. DK shook his head.

"No. Im not leaving-"

"Promise me Dakotaz. Promise me you'll leave without a fight? I don't want you getting hurt,"

"I love you baby. I really do," DK said and let Scott bury his face into his neck. "But I can't make that promise to you,"

"Toast is already on his way. You don't get the option," Scott said, pulling away from DK.

"Scott-"

"No. And there's no more words for it," Scott snapped, starting to get frustrated.

"You can't expect me to really just leave you. If you died because I couldn't protect you-"

"Then I die. But I'm not asking you too. Ok?"

"Fine. And I'm not going to die if I stay!"

"How do I know that. How do I know you won't get hurt or die?"

"Because I'm not that stupid. Please Scott, don't send me away," DK said, gripping onto Smajors waist.

"DK. I have to,"

"Take this. At the very least," DK murmured into his lovers ear. Smajor looked at it. A purple and cyan swirled ring. DK held a matching one as Scott slid his on

"What are these?"

"Promise rings," DK said. Smajor nodded slowly and hugged him tightly. He really didn't want his boyfriend to go, but didn't get an option. He had to keep them safe

"You're still gonna argue with Toast aren't you?"

"Absolutely. I'm not leaving you just yet,"

"You don't get that option," Scott said, placing his hands on DKs chest. DK frowned at him and spoke into his ear

"I just want to keep you safe,"

"I know. But in order to do that, you have to leave,"

"Scott-" DK started to say. Smajor only shook his head

"It's too late. Toast is on his way," Smajor mumbled. He left the house and looked up as a dropship landed nearby.