Crewmates

Scott was crying and shaking, afraid and scared, so he didn't hear when something landed. His armor was on the ground, his wings and rockets together. His weapons and tools spread out.

He was so alone, so afraid. He didn't notice when footsteps approached him, he didn't notice a voice spoke.

He jumped and let out a small scream when a hand touched his shoulder. Instinctively he grabbed his sword and held it out to defend himself.

He jumped to his feet and held the sword to his side, ready to fight. He was so blinded by fear but it took a few words to bring him out, a few words from one person

"Easy baby," came DKs gentle voice. Scott dropped the sword and it clanged together with his axe. Scott collapsed to his knees, starting to shake again.

"DK," he choked out. DK pulled him close, trying to get him to calm down a little. DK rubbed his back as the rest of the crew watched.

Scott was so shaken that he hadn't even noticed the rest of his crew. Until Hafu spoke, causing him to flinch again.

"Scott, what happened?" She asked. Scott was clearly still shaking, still handing onto DK for his entire life.

"Everyone is gone. I don't know where they are. My home..." he whispered. DK repeated it because Scott had spoken so softly.

"Gone?" Kimis voice spoke

"Every other place looks like this. Abandoned, left alone. Someone was supposed to be watching my place but-" he said, voice cracking.

"Like this? We should look around," Steve said. Scott shook his head, finally looking at them.

"Already did. Everyone and everything is gone," Scott said. DK tightened his grip a little, letting Scott know he was safe.

"How?" Apollo asked. Scott whimpered at the question, not wanting to tell them what happened before he left

"I don't know. I wish I did but..." he said and felt DK trail his fingers along his spine. Scott felt safe but was still afraid

"Wait Scott, is that a crown?" Koji asked, looking at the weapons.

"Scott, these weapons," Ellum said. Everyone started to examine them and Smajor tensed. DK noticed it and whispered in his ear

"It's ok baby. I promise," DK said. Scott buried his face into DKs neck and tried to keep himself calm

"Scott, what is this place?" 5up asked. Scott didn't answer and instead clutched onto DKs suit tighter.

"Guys. It's late, he's clearly freaked out. I think we just need to sleep," Came Janets voice. Agreement sounds came from everyone and DK spoke softly into Scott's ear.

"Baby, you wanna sleep?" He asked. Scott didn't give any response and DK glanced back at them, having never seen his boyfriend this scared. "Baby?" He asked again. Scott finally spoke in response after a minute

"Yeah. There's a village with a community house and beds. Mine are right there," Scott whispered. He continued to grip DK tightly, remaining close to his boyfriend.

Again, DK repeated the sentence and Scott told him where the village house was. The rest of the crew left, it being just the two boys now.

"Baby, come on," DK whispered, picking Scott up and laying the boy onto the bed. DK slid next to him, letting Scott press close.

DK didn't speak and rubbed Scott's back, trying to keep the boy from freaking out.

"Baby, do you wanna tell me what happened?" DK asked gently, tilting Scott's head up. Scott's eyes looked away, him afraid to tell him.

"In the morning," he whispered. DK frowned but let Scott cuddle back up gently.

"Ok love. Just rest," DK murmured. Scott did, relaxing slightly.

But he hated to think of what would happen in the morning. Of what the crew would react like when they found out he was a king.

Would they treat him differently? Would they hate him for not telling them? What would they think?

Scott could tell DK was still awake due to the hand trailing up and down his spine, sending chills.

Scott prayed silently to the stag he worshiped. He was asking for help, he needed his friends, the other rulers. He made a mental note to check the church in the morning.

He also knew he would have to explain everything to his crew, the thought petrified him. He yawned and wrapped his arms around DKs neck.

Scott closed his eyes, letting the sleep that called to him take him into some darkness

Scott woke up in the morning and saw DK still asleep. He knew though that he needed to check the church, so he slipped out of DKs arms and headed to the crumbling building.

A map sat at the front, crumpled but made. It showed a red building, and that was it.

Smajor had zero clue what any of that was but he knew it was important. It had to be.

"Thank you Aeor," he whispered. Arms wrapped around his waist and he looked back to see DK.

"You can't just get up and leave like that baby. I didn't know where you went," DK whispered into his ear. Smajor forced a small smile on his face, pocketing the map.

"Sorry DK. Just had to check on something," he said. The other 8 members all came into the church.

"Scott, I think you owe us a story," Hafu said. Scott nodded and watched as they all sat down before he began