24

You had no words, you were in complete shock even though you knew he loved you from the start. Even so, hearing the words "I love you." Come out of his mouth made you all the more nervous. He said it in such a calm and blunt manner that made it sound like he truly did love you. You stared at him blankly while turning as a red as that of a tomato. He just watched you, with a small smile on his face. You then came up with an excuse to get you out of this predicament, but then it only resulted in your situation becoming worse. "Can we talk about this somewhere else? Sorry, it's just talking about this infront everyone that makes me a little nervous." Mikey nodded, getting up. "Then let's leave them and talk about this privately. Wanna go to the arcade?" You grabbed your purse, also getting up. "Uh...- Sure."

On the way out, you glanced over at everyone, they all looked away the second you saw them. Oh, they're aware we're leaving. "Let's go." Mikey held the door open for you, and you walked out. "Thanks..." The two of you walked next to eachother towards the parking lot. Your hands would brush against eachother occasionally, and every time they did, you looked over at Mikey. No one tried sparking the conversation up. It was awkward, but not too awkward. I don't know why the words are so difficult to say, he said it unprovoked and so straightforward, why can't I have that type of confidence? It's not like I'm afraid of rejection, he likes me back so why am I so afraid of telling him? He could tell you were overthinking the hell out of the conversation. He stared at you as you stared straight forward, zoning out.

"Oh, right, you left your CB25OT at your house. We can ride my bike to the arcade if you want." Mikey stopped and waited for your response with a grin on his face. You chuckled lightly with a soft smile on your face. "You already know my answer. Of course I want to ride with you." He hopped on to his CB25OT, and started up the engine. You then got on, holding on to his waist for safety purposes. "Hold on tight." You nodded. "Yup." He didn't go as fast as you expected, and of course you were thankful for that. It was pretty silent, as you pass by a bunch of stop lights. It was like that the entire ride to the arcade

At the Arcade, 4 hours later

"Um... I broke the vending machine again." You glanced over at Mikey laughing nervously. He sighed, while chuckling. "Seriously? You're so chaotic." You nodded in agreement, opening the soda you had. You looked over at them entrance of the arcade, and immediately spotted Ran and Rindou. One thing you didn't notice, was the person behind them. They weren't necessarily walking into the arcade, they were just walking by with a bunch of shopping bags in their clutches. Nonetheless, you rushed to entrance. You shoved the door open, turning right to catch up to the boys. "Ran! Rindou, Hi!" They turned around at the sound of your voice, immediately smiling when they saw you. "Say, who is this girl? One of your guy's girlfriend?" You looked up at a slightly tan boy with white hair, and his gaze made you feel threatened. They had the "I'll kill you without a second thought" look in them.

Rindou looked over at you with a serious face. Okay seriously what's up with this guy and why do these two seem kind of afraid of him? "Oh, her?" Ran pointed at you. The boy nodded, keeping his eyes locked on you. "Yes, her. Who else would I be talking about?" You kept your eyes locked on him as well, and the Haitani Brothers didn't bother trying to interfere. Instead, they came up with an excuse and immediately left. Ran patted his pants, and checked his pockets. "Oh uh... would you look at that! I left my wallet back at the grocery store.. Rindou, let's go look for it." They walked away slowly, and that was the first time the white haired boy looked away from you. Before Rindou left, he brushed past you and whispered, "Sorry." You were genuinely concerned, why were they acting so different? Oh well, you'd soon find out.