Chapter Seven Today

I wake up and find myself in a dark room. The memories from last night are quickly coming back to me. I lay on his bed tucked in under the blankets. The room is cold so I burrow myself into the blankets to keep warm. I roll onto my side and am met face-to-face with Thranduil, lying next to me. He is still asleep but I can feel the warmth radiating from his body, so I flip over and try to move as close to him as I can.

After what feels like a while, I sit up on the bed, and as carefully as I can, I stand to get dressed. But the floor is so cold it gives me goosebumps. I then realize I am completely naked and freezing cold, so finally I decide it is best to just lay back down and wait for him to wake up. I slide under the covers and cuddle up to him once more after planting a soft kiss on his forehead. His arm wraps around me pulling me closer to him and in a deep voice, he whispers, "Good morning, Miss Adelaide," into my ear.

"Good morning Thranduil," I say, hiding the chills that just ran down my spine.

"How did you sleep?" He asks while running his fingers through my hair.

"I slept very well," I say as I turn my body so it is now facing him.

He kisses me on the forehead as he begins to lift himself out of bed. As he rises the sheets fall, and I can now see that he is also naked.

"Where are my clothes?" I ask. He leans over the side of his bed to grab them and gently places them at my feet.

Deciding to match his confidence, I step fully out of bed, escaping the sheets that once clung to me. I notice him staring but instead of acknowledging, I grab my underwear and turn around. I then bend at my hips to step into them, then slowly pull them up, teasing him. He shifts in the bed and I smile to myself. I grab my dress next and start to put it on. Normally I would tie the dress up myself, but he is already here, so... "Thrandy, will you plea-"

"Thrandy?" He says abruptly, looking at me with a raised brow. "Since when do you call me Thrandy?"

"It's a nickname," I respond.

"The Great Thranduil does not have a nickname'."

I place a hand on his cheek and lean down to kiss his forehead. "Now you do," I wink at him and he smirks making me feel the butterflies in my stomach again. "Now, will you please lace up my dress, Thrandy?" He lets out a small laugh and then begins lacing my dress.

He moves over to his wardrobe, scanning it for something to wear. "Adelaide, which of these should I wear, today?" He pulls out two different robes. One is long and white with some gems encrusted near the top, but it was rather plain otherwise. The other is a long black robe with small, shiny specs all over it.

"The black one," I say with a smile.

He smiles back as he places the white one back into the wardrobe and finds some other pieces to match.

Now dressed, he grabs a different crown from his usual. This one is a small, intricately twisted, silver headpiece. He leads the way to the door and I follow as I say, "Today is the day, Thranduil. Today we go find Legolas and Tauriel."

"Tauriel is no longer allowed here. I will not have her stay here any longer."

"What are you talking about?" I turn to frown at him but his mouth presses into a hard line and his expression is plain. "You cannot be serious."

"Oh, I am quite serious." His brows furrow as his whole face now hardens.

"Well, we are still going to find them."

"Yes, but I am only going because I must reclaim something that rightfully belongs to me."

"What? What about Legolas?"

"Well yes, him too I suppose." He winks at me, but I feel uneasy about this dark humor.

Returning down the path Thranduil leads me back to his throne so I can grab my bow and quiver.

"Today is the day," I say again, this time quietly to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated 5-29-2023