[ 40 ]

Taylor swung back and forth the first place trophy. Who would of thought that after such bad weekend she would come to win the race?

She couldn't help but feel bad for taking the win from Sebastian Vettel, after all she has look up to him for such a long time that fighting with him on track still feels surreal.

But a race is a race so she needed to overtake him at the end.

"So this week we got that one car meeting—"

"—it's not a meeting, it's like a convention" Taylor interrupted Stella before she could start rambling about all the things Taylor has to do this week.

"Right, a nerd assembly for car guys... that's like a huge red flag"

"What?—"

"Yeah, guys that are obsessed with cars are red flags"

Daniel, who was walking right in front of them, turned around gasping. His brown eyes widened before they narrowed as he walked backwards so he could look at them."So technically all men?" He asked.

"Yes. All men are red flags" Stella replies back with an equal serous expression. "Where was I? Oh yes—we then have a clothes fitting on Wednesday for a photoshoot you have on Thursday. You have the Friday free but on Saturday we have to fly to Azerbaijan"

"Why Saturday and not Monday?"

"Because—" she stops for a second looking at Taylor before composing herself, "Just follow my orders okay?"

••

"Congrats on winning my dear" Taylor hears her mother say from the phone call.

Her eyes fill with tears. Listening to her mother praising and being proud of Taylor is something that puts her emotional, especially with how sad she's been lately. "Your father was screaming through all the house and the dogs were barking. It was madness in here" they both laugh, although Taylor sounded more forced. That was all it took for her to know something was wrong, "is there something wrong my love?"

Taylor slowly sobs, sniffling as she tries to ignore the pain in her jaw as she breaks down, "I just miss you so much"

"Oh my dear, we love you very much and we're proud of you. But right now you are living in such a dream it would be a shame to give it all up because you feel homesick" her mother said. Taylor meanwhile walked out of the RedBull hospitality, standing outside watching as the paddock was slowly turning off their lights. "Or are you sad because of another thing?"

How did—how does her mother know? "What..."

"Taylor dear, you've never gotten homesick, ever. Not even when you were young. There must be something else"

And just as if the universe heard her mother, Lando walks right by her alongside his trainer. Her heart skips a beat as she instantly looks anywhere else other than the both of them walking.

"I'm here if you want to talk. Or if you need a therapist one of my friends tol—" her mother spoke once again but Taylor quickly spoke harshly.

"I don't need a stupid shrimp" she said through gritted teeth. Containing her desire to calm her anger by punching the nearest wall, she can't, she can't fall back to the hole she used to be in before.

"Say hello to Lando for me, will you" she spoke after her daughter didn't say anything else. "Love you"

"Love you too"

Taylor hang up, her fingers immediately cleaning away the tears running down her cheeks. Her frustration only grew stronger in just five minutes instead of actually being happy for winning today's race.

"Are you ready?" The unmistakable voice of Max came from behind her. He was standing there already dressed in new clothes and his backpack.

"I won't get a ride with you this time. Stella told me I have to go to England instead of Monaco"

Max sadly nods, "okay. Take care, Gigi" he said, although there were a million more things he wishes to tell her.

"You too"

England sucks.

There, she said it.

For a while Taylor enjoyed the place, it was magical and reminded her of Harry Potter if that makes any sense, but that is about it. The cold, the smells, the rude people and the heavy accents she doesn't understand?

It is absolutely despicable for her.

Over the week she did not look at her phone once, only looking at the time on her watch or answering calls from family, that's it.

She knows Lando texted, because she heard the unmistakable sound of the notification he insisted on having just for him. She didn't dare look at it.

Her life got better when she accepted that sometimes shit just doesn't work out. You aren't always going to get the job, the parter, the class, the grade, the internship or whatever else you care about. Sometimes it hits the fan and she has to be okay with that. Every time your life falls to pieces you can't just hit the floor, you gotta stand up, cry a little and keep going.

Just because it doesn't work out the way she planned doesn't mean life is going terribly, it just means it wasn't at this time or not meant to be.

On Friday though, she answered the phone without looking at the caller.

"Lory! Wanna hang out?" The loud voice of George rang through her ears.

Taylor chuckled, "How do you know where I am?"

"F1 posted something about you being in England, figured you were lonely so I'm coming to your rescue"

Right as he said that a knock on the door grabbed her attention. Taylor walked carefully to the door first seeing through the peephole before opening the door with a groan. "You creep me out, Russell"

"Nah stop that. You clearly are in desperate need of a friend" he says, walking inside with excitement not before pushing her aside by her head. He quickly grabbed her purse and hotel key, "So, lunch?"

"You're very weird" she walked towards him grabbing her things from George, "I'm in bitch.  But you pay"

IM IN CRISIS AND I WANT TO DIE

listen, I love writing and whatever and if you've been here since the begging you know i used to post about four or five chapters a week but rn im burnout because of college and im out of ideas for this story sooooo if you could be sweethearts and comment anything you want to see or anything plleeeasseeeee i beg you to tell me and I'll use your ideas.

Thanksssssssssssss