36 - My Promise to you

ابدأ من البداية

" One" He answered honestly. Luciano praised himself for being 26 years old, a Mafia Don and only being in one committed relationship. Even praised himself for only have sex with 3 women in his life. He wasn't focused on women no matter how much they threw themselves at them as a young adult. Those were the years everyone wasn't exactly afraid of him, he wasn't exactly as brutal as he was now.

And even then if he weren't focused on preparing to be a Don, he was never the type of man to want to sleep with anyone he had no emotional bond to. Because then it was emotionless sex, a means to an end. And anything that felt that good shouldn't have no meaning to it.

"Why did you break up?" She questioned, and he could tell it wasn't her wanting to pry as to be nosey, but more so curious as to his past. However, he decided not to answer responding with.

"Next question"

There were so many reasons behind why he refused to answer. And all those reasons could also ruin his happiness, his calmness and peace with her. Everyone in his business knew not to speak of it, even his family, he even buried it in the deepest part of his mind, but sometimes his step sister will bring it up to purposely fuck with him. He buried the past away and he never wanted to unlock it again.

Why focus on the past of pain when you had the love of the future? And his future was Teresa.

Teresa could see how he was bothered by it and she knew he wanted her to see that, so she didn't press him for it because there are some scars that should be left closed. Especially for a man that was bound to have many. "What do you like to do when you're not being a Don?"

He adjusted his seating, placing his arms on the edge of the Jacuzzi, his muscles flexing, Teresa not able to take her eyes off his biceps. Luciano didn't realize, he was trying to think. But he couldn't think of anything. " I am always a Don" He realized, saying it out loud as his response. "I don't have much freedom as you think I would have"

*You have freedom now." She pointed out and he chuckled, nodding his head.

"I chose to," He said, raising his thumb to her cheek. "I wanted to be with you" Teresa smiled, leaning forward and pressing her lips against his briefly. He stared at her amused as he tilted his head asking, "What was that for?"

"I love hearing that" She responded, causing him to chuckle.

"Do you have any medical conditions I should know about?" She questioned, thinking of her asthma. How mad she would be.

He averted his eyes and her heart skipped a beat, preparing for the worst as he said, "Yes"

"I have a drug addiction" He sighed and she blew a breath of relief, his eyes snapping to hers. "No!" She quickly said.

"I just thought it was worse, now I know it's that, it was a relief. I'm sorry. But Luciano I've never seen you take any drug since I've been here. Is it yours? The cocaine you distribute?" She questioned, cupping his face and he shook his head.

"No. It's a lot... effective. Better you could say" He smirked. "Luciano... you shouldn't-"

"I know. That's the point of it being called addiction, your hooked once you're on"

"What is this drug? And why did you take it?"

He shrugged with a huff.

" I couldn't resist Tesoro." Her eyes dimmed and then they widened, and she jumped off him and got up.

"If you're an addict, that means you have them with you. Don't you?" He turned his head to look at her and gave a brief nod.

"Where is it?" She questioned and he blew out an exaggerated breath.