20. Confusion And Worry

-Travis' Pov-

I stared at the sight in front of me. For the first time, I get to see Sals face, sure, it was basically gone, but it was beautiful to me... I felt my cheeks grow hot. "Now, answer my question." Shit. I forgot Sal had asked me a question... I wanted to tell him. Honestly! But I couldn't..

1. I kept choking on my words, didn't know how to put it and I honestly can't speak.
2. I don't know if I could trust him..
3. I'm scared.

I tried to get the words out but the only thing that escaped from my mouth was "Fa-Fa- No Spe-Speak." Fuuuck. I had almost said it but something stopped me. God I fucking hate life right now.

I avoided Sals eyes, I didn't want to look at him, it made me feel strange. " it's alright, I understand..." "I've already came here to do what I wanted to do. I only wanted to see if you were ok.." I looked back at Sal, now that I could see his face, he seemed sad. Sal started to walk back to the window to leave but I grabbed his arm "Stay" Sals face became red, it was honestly kind of cute... wait did I just call him cute..? I mean, he is really cute, not just cute, he's beautiful, I don't know why he hides his face...

"Travis?" I was apparently staring too long, I mean, who could blame me? "S-Sorry." I stuttered. "It's alright Trav. Hey, let's hang out for a while." Sal said smiling, I let go of his hand and all of the sudden I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.I hesitantly hugged back, I was shocked, it's been forever since I've gotten a hug or any affection like this from someone... well maybe Larry but that doesn't count. Sadly, Sal pulled away from the hug. "Sorry, I just really wanted that." Sal mumbled something else but I couldn't hear him. I wouldn't push it though, it's obvious he didn't want me to hear what he had to say. "Is it okay if I keep my mask off for now?" Sal asked, I nodded and watched as he picked his mask off from the ground and put it on my bedside table.

I watched as he just did as he pleased, going through my things, dramatically reading my bible out loud, and many other things. God I lov— wait was I about to say-? "You good Trav, you looked flustered?" Sal said. He put the Bible down and scooted closer to me and pulled my face towards him. My face started getting hot, I knew why, but I didn't wnat the reason to be true. But at the same time, I wouldn't mind it.

Did I like Sal? I mean it would kinda make sense, I always feel a weird way around him and I want to always be by his side... and even before, when I bullied him, it was because he made me feel a weird way. I have that same feeling now, just more... pleasing..? oh fuck.

"Travis? You're really red"

I'm in love with Sal Fucking Fisher.

I moved my chin away from his hand, basically yanking it. Sal laughed nervously, as if he wanted to lighten the mood and make me less nervous... it definitely worked. I let out a shaky breath.

"Travis I want to say something" I turned back to face him. From what I could see, his face looked slightly pink. I tilted my head slightly to indicate that I was curious.

"Travis I L-"

SLAM. Sal jumped and looked over to the still open door. I knew what had happened. "S-Sal Y-Ou Leav-ve" I stuttered. My words were broken but Sal seemed to understand. "What was that? Are you going to be okay" Sal asked, I didn't want him to be worried, that's the worst that could happen. "TRAVIS" my heart stung at the familiar voice and footsteps coming up the stairs. Sal was about to say something but I covered his mouth. "Now." He nodded and grabbed his mask, putting it on quickly so it was slightly out of place. He then went out the window, making sure to say bye on his way.

-Sals Pov-

I grabbed Travis' face and made him look me in the eye. Travis just stared blankly at me. Looked like he had something on his mind, and his face grew even more red. "Travis you're really red". Travis seemed to snap out of his thoughts. He yanked his head away from me. I laughed nervously. I scooted slightly closer to him, I'm not sure that he noticed but I didn't mind. Now or never... This was the perfect time to say it. We were alone. "Travis I want to say something" He turned back to me, he tilted his head, he looked kind of cute... no backing out now Sal.. come one

"Travis I l-" SLAM. What the fuck? I looked over to the door, scared. Was there an intruder. I looked back over to Travis, he was trembling, it was hard to notice, but he still was.   "S-Sal Y-Ou Leav-ve" Travis spoke in broken words, obviously terrified. Still I'm confused on what's happening... "What was that? Are you going to be okay?" I asked, obviously worried. "TRAVIS" I jumped at the mans voice. It couldn't be an intruder.. so.. his dad...? My mind went a million miles per second. What is going on in the Phelps house? I was going to ask about it but he put a hand on my mouth, obviously not wanting to answer any questions. "Now"

I nodded my head and grabbed my things. My mask was a little messed up but I can worry about that later, whatever is happening obviously needs to be done quick. I sat in the edge of the window, Travis looked like he was on the verge of tears. I want to help him, but if I want to find out why he's acting like this,, I'll have to gain his trust. So this can wait. I waved by and jumped out, luckily not getting one scratch.

I noticed another truck in the driveway... definitely his dad.. I was about to run when.. BAM. I looked back up to Travis' window in fear. I regulated my breathing and ran.

I ran from the house...Why didn't I help him...I could've just gone back inside. But Travis said not to. What if he gets hurt? Is it my fault?

Please be ok Travis...