19. Disappearing Silence

-Sals pov-

Knock knock.... I had knocked on the window for about 6 minutes now, no sign of Travis or anyone. The lump under the blankets hadn't moved either. "Larry. Open it" "what?" "Open it" I looked at Larry, he hesitated but then let out a sigh. He tried to open the window while at the same time trying to keep his balance on the ladder. After a bit of struggle, the window started to open. "Fucking finally!" Larry said as he pushed the window fully open. I climbed in first, turning to Larry holding my hand out, "Don't worry, I got it Sal." Larry said as he climbed in. I was the first to take action, I walked over to the lump in the bed, slowly lifting the covers and... what?? Nothing was there? Then why was there a lump? "What the fuck?" I said to myself. "Larry he's not here" "well fuck, he has to be somewhere, his truck is still here!" I put the blankets back into place before looking around, his room looked pretty plain, to the left, there was a bathroom that was attached to his room, it was slightly open so I walked over to the door. I pushed it open more, trying to see what was inside. "Sal! His phone is still here!" I turned away from the bathroom door to see Larry sitting on Travis' bed, holding a phone. "Judging by the notifications, he hasn't seen our texts" This made me even more worried, I turned back to the bathroom and shakily sighed, "You okay Sal?" Larry sounded concerned. The truth is, I wasn't ok, I was fucking worried. I would have to lie to him. Larry's phone went off. "Hey Sal, Ash needs me, it's important, you sure you'll be ok on your own?" I didnt pay attention to what he was saying and nodded my head, lazily saying yes under my breath.

I opened the door to see nothing but a plain old bathroom— what the fuck? The mirror was basically fucking destroyed, it had a bit of blood on it and you could barely see yourself, only a distorted version of you. I fully walked into the bathroom to get a better look, noting seemed out of the ordinary except for the broken mirror. That's when I noticed something clear with a dark stain on it on the floor. I picked it up to realize that it was a glass shard, and the dark stain was really blood. I dropped the shard in shock and quickly left the bathroom.

Wait why is the room door open? Did Larry do that? I looked up to see— "S-Sal?!" Holy fuck...

-Travis' Pov-

For the past 30 minutes, I have been mindlessly walking, I'm not sure where I'm going or where I am. I do know how to get back home though. I got up from the park bench I was sitting on and grabbed the plastic bag filled with my things. If I speedwalk it should be quicker, so I picked up the pace and headed home.

Once there, obviously exhausted, I noticed something just out of the corner of my eye, my window was open? I walked up to the front door and opened it, I didn't bother locking it before leaving so I didn't need my keys. I ran upstairs nearly tripping multiple times. I walked into my room and noticed my bathroom door open. Just as I was about to investigate, I heard something fall and then out came a certain someone. I honestly didn't know what to do, I was in so much shock that I practically forgot about being mute, sounds stupid, I know. Sal hadn't seemed to notice me yet, he was staring at the door. He slowly looked up and that's when I decided to say something. "S-Sal?!" What the fuck was he doing in my house? I couldn't help but feel really angry, I don't know what it was but I felt something else as well... I couldn't figure it out though. "He-hey Travy" I felt my cheeks get hot at the nickname, huh,, weird. Now that I think about it, this could be kinda fun... I put my bags down and walked closer to Sal.

-Sal's Pov-

I was so fucking scared, as Travis got closer to me I backed farther away. I felt like he would do something to me, I don't know what though. He could revert back to cliche-bully-Travis. Travis seemed to notice that I was scared and smirked. WHY THE HELL IS HE SMIRKING?? WHATS HE GONNA DO. I backed up even more, my face feeling hotter by the second, thank god for my prosthetic... "T-Travis??" Fuck why did I stutter. Travis let out a small laugh. God that was fucking hot, ugh! Stop being gay for a second and focus Sal!!

I backed up until I felt something hit my back. I looked behind me to see that I had bumped into the wall. Travis seemed to take advantage of this and got even closer to me. He put his hands on the wall behind me, pretty much trapping me. He bent down to look me in the eyes. Ic oils finally get a good look at him. His bruise on his eye looked even worse than before... he even had a new one on his chin... "W-Why is your face beat up?" I stuttered out. I don't know why I was so nervous, well I do know, but we can pretend I don't know for now. Travis let his guard down when I asked that for just a second. "W-why do y-ou wea-wear a ma-mask Sal??" He stuttered out, obviously struggling. I didn't know how to answer, I couldn't just tell him about my past like that? What if he told someone else? "Why are you so silent, Churchboy?" I asked in response. It sounded meaner than I wanted it to. Travis' face dropped and he removed his hands from the wall. Now he was just looking down at me. He slightly backed up, but we were still close enough so that I could feel his breath in my hair. This honestly made me more nervous, for more reasons than one. "Answer my question first" Travis choked out without stuttering, even he seemed shocked at this.

To be honest, I really did want to know why he was silent, I didn't just ask because I was trying to deflect. I let out a shaker sigh before putting my hands up to the buckles of my prosthetic. I stopped for a moment. "Promise not to laugh ok Travis??" What was I doing... this was a terrible idea. "I-I won't". I sighed in relief and unbuckled my mask. I held it there before taking it off and looking back up at Travis. "So?" I deadpanned, now he could probably see how red my face was... and another thing... this was the perfect opportunity to do what I wanted to last weekend...

"P-Pretty.." Travis said, "What?" I asked in shock, to be honest, I was expecting him to insult me. I guess Travis really has changed. "Fuck did I say that out loud?" Travis asked, his face was red, he must be embarrassed, or...

What if he likes me back...?

A/N: HOLY SHIT THANK YOU FOR OVER 700 READS!!! Oh! Let me know what you think about this chapter because I'm not sure if I like it! Also,, would I do a Q&A?