⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟑

Start from the beginning

"you bitch." haeun raised her hand going to strike her on the face, but yunhee had seen it coming. of course, after living with her parents for years she knew how to defend herself. she caught the girls wrist and squeezed it, making her wince in pain.

"don't you dare try land a hand on me ever again." she said, then pushed the girl back.

"excuse me?"

"you heard what she said." jaemin added, from where he was now stood behind yunhee,

"look at you, yunhee. hanging out with slytherins? how low can you get?" haeun doubled over laughing before turning around to leave. "pathetic."

yunhee balled her fists, preparing herself to go after the girl, but jaemin held her back by the elbow.

"don't." jeno said, crawling out from under the table. "i'm sorry. i should've done something and told her to leave."

"it's fine. it's not your fault people in this school will always have a reason to pick a fight with me." she told him.

"fight?"

"you're a little late, donghyuck." jaemin rolled his eyes at the boy who had just returned.

"well, if you told me beforehand that there was going to be a fight, i'd have run here so fast." he replied, dropping his stack of books onto the table.

"i sure hope you'd be running to help yunhee and not watch." jeno said, picking up one of the books to read the title. "what even are these books?"

"books on stuff — wait. was someone messing with you?" donghyuck asked yunhee who was resting her head on the table again.

"yeah. it doesn't matter though. i'm tired. i'm going to go back to my dorm." yunhee said.

"yeah, and actually get some sleep this time. your eyebags are getting worse." he said to which jaemin and jeno, both, smacked him. "what? i'm saying it for her own good."

"it's okay." she said, shrugging her shoulders and at the disapproving looks from the other two, donghyuck sighed.

"no, joke aside, if someone messes with you again just tell me. also, we're all worried about you so please try to sleep some more." he told her, ruffling her hair so that it was a complete mess. "otherwise you'll start looking like bellatrix with the tangled hair and eyebags."

"donghyuck!"

"i couldn't resist! see, i made her smile!" he argued, pointing at yunhee who smiled. she then wrapped her arms around him, hugging him.

"thanks, hyuck. i'll get going now. good night."

"good night!"

⚯͛

yunhee strolled down the corridors, rubbing at her eyes to keep herself from falling asleep. she heard footsteps from the other side of the corridor and dropped her hands by her side to look at who it was through her blurry vision.

"yunhee, is that you?" she heard renjun ask.

"renjun, what are you doing out here?" she asked, resting her hand on the wall to steady herself.

"i was looking for you actually. what about you?"

"i was on my way to my common room."

"it's that way..." he told her, gesturing to the way she came.

"oh... my bad. i guess i'm too tired to know which way to go."

"i see that. come on. i'll take you there." he took her hand, pulling her down the corridor leading to the hufflepuff common room. "how long did you sleep for yesterday?"