"Here," Rhys held the rectangular piece of paper in his hands and read out the words written on top of it, "to Antonia Rodriguez, you are cordially invited to the birthday celebration of Aileen Grace Clyde on the twentieth of September." 

He smiled up brightly at her, making her breath hitch at the boyish handsomeness of his face and the joy in those hazel eyes. She forced a grin and held out her hand to take the envelope, tracing his handwriting on it with her fingers. It was somewhat cursive and elegant, and she chuckled at the way he wrote his 'b's. 

"If you're smiling at my 'b's," he put on an offended expression, "please don't." 

"I'm not," Antonia shook her head slowly, "Aileen Grace Clyde, do you have a middle name too?" 

"Unfortunately, yes." he flattened his lips, "It's William."

Antonia hummed and nodded, smiling at his evident dislike of the name. 

"Well, Professor Rhys William Clyde," she gave him a one-shoulder shrug, "I accept your invitation." 

"Was not doubting it but," he cocked his head, "thank you for the confirmation. The address and time are mentioned there, but if you have any problem on the way, just give me a call." 

"Is there a dress code?" she toyed with the envelope in her hand, "Or can I just show up in my jeans?" 

Rhys shook his head. "There is no restriction on how you dress, Antonia. My mother is very...contemporary for someone of her age." 

"Hmm," she rested the tip of the piece of paper on her chin, "then, I'll just wear a sack." 

His laughter echoed inside the room, as he got up and walked up to her, "What can I say? Everything looks good on you." 

Antonia brushed the envelope on his nose and whirled around towards the door, "I'm going home, it will be bad for the students if their History teacher comes to the class with a love bite on her neck." 

"Noted," Rhys smirked and crossed his arms, "anything else, ma'am?" 

"No," she opened the door and waved behind her, then shut it, "you are dismissed!" came her voice from outside the door. 

Rhys chuckled and shook his head, his smile slowly transforming into a thin line on his lips as he thought about what Antonia had said about Leicester.

It was a close call, and if the professor had seen Antonia's face, then it would have aroused unwanted suspicion regarding both of them. He sighed and rubbed his forehead. Antonia had come today, ready to leave if he decided to break things off; which was the right thing to do if he had to save them both. 

Then what was stopping him? 

The answer was simple, 

it was her

Sure enough, she had come prepared for whatever decision he would take, but no one could miss the look of happiness in her eyes when he decided to stay. Over the past month, he had come to adore the sparkling, innocent blue eyes which carried so much expression and feelings that he could drown in them. The round, luscious lips that seemed to fit perfectly against his when they kissed, and her small, precious body which he loved to touch and hold. 

He had come to adore her. 

He was no fool, and he knew himself too well to convince him otherwise. The thought of giving up on Antonia somewhat scared him, and he found himself unable to imagine beyond her departure. 

It's way too soon to decide, is what he told himself. 

But she will leave, his subconscious pointed out, and the revelation almost hurt, she will find another man who will love her, and that man cannot be you.