19

c h a p t e r   n i n e t e e n 

The fork dropped on the plate and so did Antonia's jaw. Rhys continued eating his food nonchalantly, while the woman recovered from the shock. 

"Your brother's..." she mumbled, furrowing her eyebrows and blinking her widened eyes, "dominant?" 

"I believe you have heard of femdoms?" Rhys wiped his lips with a tissue. She nodded. 

"Your elder brother is a submissive?" Antonia gasped, watching as Rhys leaned on his elbows and gave her a skeptical look. 

"Is it that hard to believe?" he asked, and Antonia shook her head. 

"It's just so rare to hear about...male submissives." she looked at her plate and then at Rhys, raising her eyebrow. Then, she shook her head.

"So I'll be alone tomorrow!" she declared, getting up from the table, "I think I'll go shopping. " she turned on her heels and put her hands behind her back, grinning at the Chancellor. 

"Or," Rhys got up as well, "you can come with me." 

"I don't even know her," she said.

"Doesn't matter, she loves to meet new people." 

"Okay...then it's settled, now let's go to sleep!" Antonia clapped. 

"I have a few things to take care of," Rhys walked past her towards his study, "after that, I'll join you." 

"Very well then," she chirped and headed towards his bedroom, "I'll be waiting." 

"Good night, Antonia," he called out and she heard the door of the study close. Sighing, she climbed the stairs and into the bedroom, plopping herself on the huge feathery bed on her stomach. 

"Good night, Rhys." she whispered, hugging a pillow. What was she doing here? On his bed? Waiting for him to come and sleep beside her? Neither of these was a part of what they had signed for. It was supposed to be purely sexual, nothing else. 

Dragging her body up the bed, she took the side facing the huge windows and let the night sky and glittering buildings distract her. She had always taken rational decisions, but recently she has been reckless. Recklessness, that could cost her her job, her reputation, and most importantly, her heart. 

:::

 Rhys closed his laptop and stretched, glancing at the clock that said that it was half-past one. He let out a deep sigh and ran both of his hands through his now disheveled hair. Normally, he would fall asleep in his study after work, if he was alone. 

Tonight, he was not. 

There was someone waiting for him in his bedroom, waiting for him to dive under the covers of his large bed and hold her until both of them fell asleep to the rhythm of their hearts. 

He leaned back on his chair and stared at the ceiling, his mind in turmoil from all the foreign feelings he was experiencing. He thought about his last submissive, who would leave as soon as they had finished, however late it would get. He smiled ruefully. He knew that she was dating someone while being a submissive to him. 

He still remembered the last conversation they had, where she had finally confessed about cheating on her lover with him, and they had parted ways. Rhys was not at all bothered by it, and after that, he did not have much time to dwell on it since his father died and he had to take over the University.