Chapter 15 - The Plan

Mulai dari awal

            Vincent came walking at full speed around the corner. Jasmine jolted back to avoid being trampled and because of surprise. Why was Misty's strange 'friend' who found Euca following her? She'd be lying if she claimed to trust this person. "Needed something?" Jasmine inquired. Her actions were stupid, and she knew that. Jasmine knew they should've sprinted to the meeting place, but they didn't want to endanger the kids. So, she had to mislead him. At least, that's how she justified her impulsive choice.  

             "Ack, what the hell!" Vincent shouted, jumping. Jasmine winced in response to his piercing voice reaching her ears. She shook her head and then looked Vincent directly in his frightening green eyes, seeing his bloody nose and a black eye. He was also hiding his right arm behind his back. Jasmine hesitated to ask if he was okay.

            'Should I really risk that?' she wondered. Jasmine shook her head, needing him to go away as soon as possible. "Y-you should go to the hospital," Jasmine said.  

             "Where you do you think I was going before you scared the life out of me," Vincent scoffed. He looked like a wounded, rabid raccoon to her. "Where are you going? Loserville?" 

              Jasmine recoiled, not sure of what to do. 'If tell them, then there was no point in me taking this detour. But, if I don't, it'll look suspicious,' Jasmine's head ran with worry. She took a few steps backs, stopping when she noticed Vincent's eyes narrowing. "I- well I-," Jasmine tried stuttering out an excuse. 

              "The park," Terrisa voice said, approaching from behind. "Opposite way from the hospital." There was a moment of complete silence, then Vincent turned away, scoffing, and walked away.

               As soon as Vincent was out of earshot, Jasmine let out a sigh of immeasurable relief. "Thanks, Terrisa. I didn't know what I was going to do there," Jasmine awkwardly chuckled.  

                Terrisa started walking to the meeting point. After around ten seconds, she responded, "You need to work on being a pushover. But, as long as you get me some delicious desserts at the cafe, we can call it even," Terrisa snickered. 

                "Of course," Jasmine smiled. Her eyes went down to examine what she got at the store. It seemed like she picked up a duffle bag to carry the items. "Do you need help carrying that?" 

             "No, I think I'm good," Terrisa shook her head. Jasmine nodded, and they continued to walk. Jasmine wished she wasn't this awkward around Zach and Misty's friends. Hopefully, one day, she'd be able to have a long conversation with one of them. After another minute of awkward silence, they reached the meeting point. They both entered to see Rian and Zach already sitting at a table. They both sat down next to the boys. "I got the stuff. That sounded more illegal than it should've."  

           "Okay, so we're all clear on the plan then?" Zach quadruple-checked. Everyone nodded in agreement. "Understood, then let's eat so we don't make any stupid mistakes out there. While we're eating, we can discuss the plan. So, any ideas about the locations?"

          "I looked from the highest building I could get to," Rian reported. 

           "And? What did you see?" Zach questioned. 

           "Absolutely no green-leafed trees left. So, it was likely next to our motel if what Miss Beron heard was correct," Rian answered. 

            "I hope I heard correctly too," Jasmine doubtfully sighed. 

            "None of that, if we doubt ourselves, we're going to take ten years to find Misty and Euca," Zach pointed out. 

             "Yes, yes, sorry. I found some books that may be directions from the tree. Yet, I have absolutely no idea what the units are. Or, if it's even correct." Miss beron reported.