Chapter 15

Khalisè

I rushed to my father's office this morning. It still feels a little weird calling him my father but I do because it wasn't his fault that he wasn't in my life. Anyways, I'm going to his office because I just got some information this morning and I have to make sure that it's true.

"Come in." I eased the door open, waving at him as I walked into the room. "Oh, hey Khalisè."

"Hey dad." I hugged him before sitting in one of the chairs in front of his desk. "I have a few questions to ask you."

"Okay, hit me with it."

"So, um, your wife, Ms. ReNae right?" He nodded. "She's a lawyer?"

"Yes. She's been a lawyer for a good minute now."

"And she is good at her work, right?" He nodded once again. "Do you think you can get me an appointment with her?"

"No problem, I'll talk to her as soon as I get off. Wait, you're not in any trouble or anything, are you?"

"No sir. I just need to help one of my friends out." I said, watching him type on his computer.

"I just sent her an email since she's at work. I'll let you know what's up tomorrow." I stood up, giving him another hug.

"Thank you." Before I headed out, I turned around.

"You wanna go out to dinner?" I asked. He looked up. "You know, to get to know each other more?"

He slightly smiled, nodding his head. "Yeah. Yeah, I would love that."

I smiled before exiting the room.
~
Nia

"QG, QG." I smiled, slightly shaking my head.

"You need a haircut." I joked.

"Girl bye." He flipped his hair to the side. "Cause I look better than half these hoes out here. Period." He said, giving me a stank look, making me laugh.

"You stupid as hell, boy."

"How you been?"

Hurting. "I've been cool. How about you?" His smile fell when he straight faced me. "What?"

"Why you lying to me?"

"I'm not lying."

"Why your eyes look puffy?" I swallowed the lump in my throat, tapping against the table.

"Ion know how many times I gotta tell you this but I swear imma be out of here soon. I'm not sure how soon, but soon. I need you to stay strong for me tho. Ight?" I nodded my head.

"I need ya words, QG." I looked up at him, sighing.

"Ight."
~
Kiara

"De, I'm gonna find you." I said out loud as I creeped around the house. Me and Damien were playing Hide and Seek while Jermaine was asleep.

"I'm sure you wouldn't be in the closet." I said, opening the closet door. Nothing was there.

I stood there, thinking for a second.

I slowly creeped to the living room.

"Gotcha!" I said causing Damien to laugh from under the couch.

"See no cause I gave him that hiding spot." Jermaine said, yawning as he came from my room.

"That's were you messed up at, De." I said, shaking my head.

"Yeah whatever. I know how to play hide and seek nigga." Jermaine pushed my head to the side. "Y'all want something to eat?"

"Sure, Damien what you want?"

"Chicken nuggets."

"Always want some damn chicken nuggets. Little bad ass." Jermaine mumbled, making me laugh as he walked to the kitchen.

I sat on the couch, turning the channel to Spongebob since that's Damien's favorite show.

"Kiara?"

"Yes, baby?"

"You won't hit me like mommy did, will you?" My head snapped towards his way, seeing him play with his hands.

"What you talking about?"

"She hit me when I was crying for daddy." I looked at him with a confused look on my face. His mother is dead.

"When did this happen?"

"When her and other girl got me and you at same time." That's when it clicked. He was talking about the day his mother died.

"No baby. You won't ever have to worry about that with me." I reassured.

"Does mommy.... Hate me?" The look on his face tugged at my heart.

"No, De. Your mommy didn't hate you. Come here." I opened my arms and he sat on my lap.

"Can you be my new mommy?" I froze, not even knowing what to say.

"Sure, sweetie. Whatever you want."
~
Amara

I lightly laughed at the video that I was watching of me, Nia, King and Vinchi. It was at a time where me and Vinchi weren't into it, and we were friends.

"I swear, imma drop you on your fucking head, Nia." King said as Nia laughed.

"Nah cause you got my best friend fucked up nigga." I said, making King turn my way since I was holding the camera.

"Bye cause me and Vinchi will sit on y'all. Brudda, get the other one." I laughed as I heard myself say 'huh' and also turn the camera to Vinchi.

"Stop picking with my brudda, little one." Vinchi's deep voice said. I heard myself smack my teeth.

"Ain't gonna do shit. Wait, wait!" You could hear myself laugh as the camera started moving around fast before the video went off.

I frowned, remembering how things were now. Nia be sad 24/7, King in jail, and me and Vinchi can't get our shit together.

Why can't everything just be normal for once?